Customers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

CALLER: I'm a Katrina victim, we get whatever we want.
I would have had a few choice words for a person who acted like this and stated this comment!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

By Federal law, we collections agents have to verify that we are speaking to an authorized party, before we can give out account information.

ME: Thank you for calling XXX Customer Finance, may I have you mobile (cell) number, area code first?

CALLER: I don't know my number.

ME: Do you have your account number?

CALLER: No, can't you look it up, from caller ID?

ME: No ma'am - this system doesn't have caller ID. I can look up your account, using your Social Security number. May I have that?

CALLER: I don't have my Social Security number. I'm a Katrina victim and I lost everything. (Mind you, this call was a MONTH ago, nearly a YEAR after Katrina).

ME: Ma'am, how long have you had this phone?

CALLER: About 4 months.

ME: Ma'am, you wouldn't have been able to GET a cellphone, without your Social Security number. (Besides, she wouldn't have been able to get any benefits, without it, either)

CALLER: I'm a Katrina victim, we get whatever we want.

ME: Ma'am, without SOME kind of identification, I cannot pull up your account OR give you any information.

CALLER: "CLICK"

Then, there are the ones who call in to make a payment and do NOT have their credit/debit card or checking account info with them. I am supposed to be psychic and magically pull the right numbers, out of thin air
I can totally relate to this!!!

Rep: This is Susan, How may I help you?

them: I need to check on my student loan

Rep: May I have your Social Security numer please?

them: I'm not going to give you that!!

Rep: I cannot pull up your account without this but I may be able to search for by your name, what is your last name?

them: My name is David Johnson

Rep: Unfortunately sir, we have several hundred accounts under that name, I would need the social security number to pull up your account.

them: Well, I am not going to give it to you! I want to talk to your supervisor!!

Rep: One moment sir..

Puts Borrower on hold to explain the situation to me

Me: This is Meda, You requested a supervisor?

Them: I want to check on my account.

Me: May I have your Social Security Number..

Them: Sigh....... xxx-xx-xxxx

People are sooooo stupid sometimes

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to say, I just had the best time reading this thread. It's amazing that some people can be so...

From June '05-Feb.'06, I was working in a little gas station, and you want to talk about some scary people. I'll try my best to replay this scenario.

Customer: *barrels in through the door* This is ridiculous!
Me: Sir, can I help you with something?
Customer: I don't want my gas anymore. How can I stop it?
Me: Well, if you just stop pumping, you'll stop it.
Customer: Well, I don't want what's already in there. Can I get my money back?
Me: Sir, I don't have the mean's to pull the gas out of your gas tank. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: You are price gouging!
Me: Sir, I don't see how we are price gouging, and I'm sorry you are unhappy with the current price of gas, but I have no control over the price at the pump.
Customer: Well the _______ (same gas station 6 miles up the street) has gas for $3.69, and you have it at $3.73. THAT IS PRICE GOUGING!
Me: Sir, we are competitive with those around us, as that station is competitive with those around them, but I assure you we are not price gouging.
Customer: You worthless ( insert every possible put down for a woman you can think of) I want my money back, and put back on my credit card!
Me: Sir, I am trying to be nice to you, and you are making this difficult, so I am going to give you 2 options. Finish pumping your gas, and leave, or I am calling the police and they will MAKE you leave.
Customer: WHAT?! I'm going to call the #$%^&*! police, and have them come here and shut you down for this.
Me: Go right ahead and do that *picks up the phone and calls police*

I explain to the police what was going on, and they CALMLY tried to talk to this guy, and he was just... out of his mind. Screaming and yelling at people to leave, we are price gouging and all kinds of stuff. The officer finally told him sir, you aren't getting your money back, she's not going to give you your money back, they aren't price gouging, and you are going to leave this property and NOT come back, or she will call us, and we'll have to come out here and arrest you. He left

steve'n'tiggy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well i am NOT shy at all and i say what i think to people like that. i worked selling auto parts for a bit well that went over real well, i had a guy that wanted to get like that with me i ask him did he have to pick our store to display his stupidity. well he loved this question and started to say he was gonna pull me outside and " take care of buisness" well i stood up (6'4 300 lbs) to go out , he ran the manager fired me and that was that. i now work in construction where i do not have to deal with john q public and that is fine with me, like i said i have a problem dealing with people like that. i just need to remember if they can hear it it's talking, if only i can hear it it's thinking, i get that mixed up!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tourists have to be some of the cheapest, dumbest people in the world. When I lived in Tombstone, they would walk into a store or restaurant and ask, "Do you have anything for free?"

Arizona is tough, when it comes to carding for cigarette and liquor sales. Even if ONE person in a party has ID and is old enough, the whole group gets carded. At Walgreen's, I carded a young lady, for cigarettes and she didn't have her ID (never mind the HUGE red-and-yellow sign right on my register). I apologized and cited the law. She turned to the woman behind her and said, "Mom, will you buy my cigarettes for me?" I promptly informed her that, since I was aware that she was buying them for the young lady, I wasn't going to sell them to HER either. Mom said, "Fine, we'll just go home, get her ID and show YOUR butt!" I had to bite my tongue, to keep from saying, "You've already shown YOURS."

Walgreens conducts frequent "stings" - sending young people without ID, to try to purchase alcohol and/or cigarettes. If the clerk makes the sale, she/he is FIRED on the spot. The company even fired a store MANAGER, for this.

I will NEVER work retail again.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I SWEAR!!!!
Today is not my day anyways - but still, some people just....arg!!

Customer: Yeah, uh... I was in there last night.... yeah.
Me: Okay, do you remember who you talked to?
Customer: Yeah.... uh, well, I talked to some guy named Brian.
Me: I'm sorry sir, we do not have anyone here by that name.
Customer: Yeah you do.
Me: Sir, I'm sorry, we do not.
Customer: Well, do you think you can wander around out there and ask around and find out who it was that I talked to?
Me:

Do you THINK I have all day to wander around our lot and find a salesman that you talked to? Get the guy's name BEFORE you leave! ugh!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The joys of working with people! I think some of my customers get duber by the second!! I have a costumer that gets deliveries from us that lives in another state. I fax his receipts to him. He says he hasn't gotten a receipt all year!!
ITS SEPTEMBER!! YOU THINK YOU COULD HABE CALLED WHEN YOU REALIZED IN FEB THAT YOU NEVER GOT A RECEIPT FOR JAN.???

Thanks for starting this thread. Its really become my vent thread!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I have a sign up in our shop that says...

If you are grumpy,
irritable
or just plain mean
there will be a
$10.00 charge
just to put up with
you!

that is at the dentist's office I go to.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On Sundays, Arizona doesn't allow the sale of alcohol, before 10:00 a.m. and the cash register clocks are set 10 minutes slow, to avoid an inadvertent sale (they won't ring up alcohol until the internal clock says it is 10).

One Sunday morning, a man came into Walgreens, loaded up a cart with cases of beer and about a dozen half-gallon bottles of liquor. The clock on the wall read 10 but, the register wouldn't ring the stuff up. I PATIENTLY explained this to the jerk but, he insisted upon going by the wall clock. I SHOWED him that the register wouldn't take the scan and he STILL pitched a fit. By this time, I had called the manager and opened the second register, to take care of the REASONABLE customers.

He finally left the cartful of liquor and stormed next door, to the Safeway. By this time, the register had ticked over and he could have had his booze and been on his way. Just HOW desperate was he, for that drink?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats as bad as the people here! In Georgia there is No Sunday Sales of alcohol. But if you drive 10 minutes to Alabama you can buy it like after 10 or 12. People would get really mad with me when I told them they couldn't buy it on Sunday. that have lived here their entire lives and they know its the law. Don't give the sales people a hard time, they didn't make the law!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think people understand the concept of scheduling a few days in advance - FOR ANYTHING!

Customer: Yeah, I need you to go over to Tires Plus and get my car and fix it.
Me: Ok, did you have an appointment, or call ahead of time? I do not see anything scheduled today in my book.
Customer: No, I didn't. But I want it done today, we're leaving tomorrow for vacation.
Me: Alright, well, I can see what I can do, but we are currently booked out 2 weeks in advance.
Customer: Well, can't you just squeeze it in!? I mean, come on, you can't be THAT busy.

Me: Why.... oh why....

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sitting here laughing my head off, I thought we were the only one's with crazy customers. I don't have to work with customers anymore and I thank my lucky stars everyday. I used to co-own a company that had a number of services that included carpet cleaning. We would always get a call around both Christmas & Thanksgiving (day before of course)

Customer: Hi I need my carpets cleaned
Me: O.k. we have an opening next Monday.
Customer: Oh no I need them done before Holiday.
Me: Sorry we are all booked up.
Customer: But I have family coming for Holiday.

What I want to say: You idiot, did you not realize that the holiday was coming. It's not like it just got changed at the last minute?? Isn't Christmas alway Dec 25th??

What I had to say: I'm so sorry, but if we have a cancellation I would be happy to add you to my list for callbacks.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

I am sitting here laughing my head off, I thought we were the only one's with crazy customers. I don't have to work with customers anymore and I thank my lucky stars everyday. I used to co-own a company that had a number of services that included carpet cleaning. We would always get a call around both Christmas & Thanksgiving (day before of course)

Customer: Hi I need my carpets cleaned
Me: O.k. we have an opening next Monday.
Customer: Oh no I need them done before Holiday.
Me: Sorry we are all booked up.
Customer: But I have family coming for Holiday.

What I want to say: You idiot, did you not realize that the holiday was coming. It's not like it just got changed at the last minute?? Isn't Christmas alway Dec 25th??

What I had to say: I'm so sorry, but if we have a cancellation I would be happy to add you to my list for callbacks.
I guess I'm not the only person with customers who don't believe in scheduling in advance!!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I worked automobile financing, we'd get calls, in December: "I can't make my car payment, because of Christmas."

Did they suddenly wake up, on December 24th and think, "Dang! Christmas! I'd better spend the car payment money on presents!"? As if Christmas was SUCH a surprise and they didn't plan ahead.

We'd also have people send in stamps and coupons, to cover part of their payments, as if those were money.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We'd also have people send in stamps and coupons, to cover part of their payments, as if those were money.
Oh goodness
Thas quite odd!