Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

Sweetie, see this beautiful little person in my siggy? She is the result of failed BC. I was taking it as prescribed, religiously, and I STILL GOT PREGNANT. Her father, who was not ready to BE a father, now wishes he had indeed wrapped up before we DTD. Thankfully, I had known him long enough (over 15 years) and trusted him enough to not get an STD, but if you don't know the character of the person you're having sex with, you still run the risk of getting an STD, or getting pregnant, or God forbid, BOTH.

Condoms + BCP isn't overkill -- it's good common sense. but I can see from the tone of your responses that you're a bit lacking in that regard. . .
Of course its common sense....but I seriously dont want to also have to use a condom...they suck for both partners. Just because you might get pregnant doesnt mean you will....and just because you wear a condom doesnt mean you cant get pregnant......but duh I know what your saying, I just reallyyyy dont want to have to use condoms also.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

As for the placebo pills, they don't actually "protect" you on your period. They don't contain any levels of estrogen or progesterin. You're only "protected" because of the previous 21 days of pills. Kind of like when you stop the martinis after 4 and you're still drunk hours later.
That's what i've been trying to say!!! The placebos only contain lactose...if they protected you, then i could drink a glass of milk a day to keep the spermies away..

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roimata

Of course its common sense....but I seriously dont want to also have to use a condom...they suck for both partners. Just because you might get pregnant doesnt mean you will....and just because you wear a condom doesnt mean you cant get pregnant......but duh I know what your saying, I just reallyyyy dont want to have to use condoms also.
You know that if you use a condom, you don't have to run to the loo afterwards!!! And um...certain um...tent pitching last longer as well....

Just saying

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

That's what i've been trying to say!!! The placebos only contain lactose...if they protected you, then i could drink a glass of milk a day to keep the spermies away..

Thats hillarious!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh my goodness, that was funny

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When you get pg, then the words "I told you so" come to mind

It is YOUR choice and YOUR body, but it really is stupid to play Russian Roulet (sp) with your body and your future.
But, if you are NOT ready for a child, how is that far to a baby that isn't wanted in the first place?
Be responsible and USE common sense.
So what if a condom is NOT *comfortable* or whatever.They just may save your life and prevent a life from being made too soon.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Trying to keep this PG for the board. You do know there are lubricates you can buy that make condoms more comfortable for both parties right. You do know this. Aside from getting pregnant BC does not in any way shape or form protect you from an STD such as Aids/HIV, herpes, (those 2 no cure for) plus a whole list of other STDs.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think this thread is already way from being PG.
And definatly not using brains.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

When you get pg, then the words "I told you so" come to mind

It is YOUR choice and YOUR body, but it really is stupid to play Russian Roulet (sp) with your body and your future.
But, if you are NOT ready for a child, how is that far to a baby that isn't wanted in the first place?
Be responsible and USE common sense.
So what if a condom is NOT *comfortable* or whatever.They just may save your life and prevent a life from being made too soon.
That makes sense to me Tammy, the thing that I think about is what is gonna happen if she does get pregnant. What then.

I am pro-life, but that is me

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have said this earlier, but we pretty much used to have sex without condoms but on the pill. This is because ive only been with one other person in the past, and i am the first Tristan has been with. But after a few scares, i don't think my heart can take it anymore. Rushing off to the chemist for the morning after pill or a pregnancy test, being the ocd that i am, making sure everything is ok. I have been lucky the last two years, but doesn't mean it couldn't happen if i kept on using just one form of protection.

Though i AM looking forward to the day we get to practise for a baby sans raincoat lol

But i think it is smart to use a backup.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I may have said this earlier, but we pretty much used to have sex without condoms but on the pill. This is because ive only been with one other person in the past, and i am the first Tristan has been with. But after a few scares, i don't think my heart can take it anymore. Rushing off to the chemist for the morning after pill or a pregnancy test, being the ocd that i am, making sure everything is ok. I have been lucky the last two years, but doesn't mean it couldn't happen if i kept on using just one form of protection.

Though i AM looking forward to the day we get to practise for a baby sans raincoat lol

But i think it is smart to use a backup.
OMG you make me laugh!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I am pro-life, but that is me
And that's a good thing. Though i think if i got pregnant being unemployed, living at home and my father very strict about no sex before marriage..i'd be in a right royal sh*t. I don't like the idea of abortion. I have no idea or no say in it until it happens to me i suppose

I just wonder what happens to people in that situation

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Since the OP has received an answer to her question and this is getting off-topic and personal, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.