Curious what breed my kitten might be!

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten was rescued with mother and two sibs in a rural area, apparently feral. She is now 14 weeks old and aggressive, but sweet when tired. The mother was described to me as a black short hair, as were the other two kittens.This one apparently looks more like dad! Any idea what dad was? She has banding on legs, vague banding on tail, and tail haso a black tip, her ears are large with black tufts on tips. Belly has vague spots, back is mostly tan with black on top, kind of like fox fur. Hope I did those pics right! BTW, love this site! Thank you.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Dad might have been a Maine Coon mix, these cats have long, bushy tails and dramatic lynx tips. You've found a beautiful kitten!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I'll be glad when she settles down a little though, hehe.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
You say she's aggressive... maybe try playing with her with "chase the toy" type games to give her a positive outlet for all that kitten energy. She might also enjoy a "bunny kick" toy that she can paw, pounce, shred, kick, scratch, and destroy to her heart's content.

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has so many toys, but her favorite game is playing fetch with a wadded up piece of paper! She's only the second cat I ever had that retrieves, and she loves it! Oddly enough, she also "stores" her smaller toys in one of my slippers, where I found two mice, two balls and a wad of paper. I think she's part dog!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We can perhaps compare her with a Somali, ie a medium haired Abyssinian.

More good pics ae welcome, esp of her sides and back.   I wonder, either her tabby pattern  isnt clearly visible because of the longish fur - and may possibly be spotted.

Or she may possibly even be a ticked tabby.  Where we dont see clear cut pattern on the sides and the back...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is the tummy, right? it doesnt help us much, many tabbies has spots on the tummy.  We need to confirm the exact pattern throught good pics on the sides and the backside.

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are her side, back and tail photos. Her tail isn't very long or bushy. Her fur is very soft, and prone to static! I hope those help, and thank you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be spotted for real...  The overall looks?  Perhaps somali look alike, as said.   Anyways a prettie, which ever decision we take!   :)

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That she is! Thank you both so much for your comments, I really appreciate them!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a pretty cat! The tail is throwing me off. It's not that bushy. I kinda see Norwegian Forest cat in her. It's just a guess though. I bet that tail fluffs up over time. She was a good find. Keep her busy playing and wear her out. She's just high energy!

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it will be interesting to see how she changes! She's still so little, I think some qualities will emerge as she ages. We're still getting used to each other, but I can tell she's going to be a wonderful addition to my family.