Curious: Prices of Houses where you live

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just went out looking at houses and was so surprise at how expensive they are in my area of NY that my fiance and I decided to wait a few more years (even though I don't think I'm acutally EVER going to get a house which is fine I would just like to get a bigger apartment once our lease runs out)

a TINY 2 bedroom FORCLOSURE started at $250,000. Any decent house (like the one you described) EASILY go for $600,000. In my area if you want to get a small house in a good area you have to be making ALOT of money...The majority of the homes are close to or even over a million dollars. AND that doesn't even count the taxes! I saw a TINY 600 square foot one bedroom house that was running $350,000 but the taxes were 18,000 a year!!

sigh oh well...I may not own a home but I do like the location so renting is fine.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are good reasons areas like ours are growing.

We have a friend who moved from CA. He sold a little 2 br 1 ba in Oceanside. He got enough of it that he bought a 4 br 3 ba 2 car garage with a barn and pool, 10 acres, and room for their horses in Crockett, and had money left over.