crying/peeing

bad sphynx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My new 8 month old sphynx Ive had a month has never stoped crying and screams at me 24/7, only when he'll let me hold him or eats does he stop. now since yesterday he has a new trick...if I even try and take a nap he is upset with me...well now hes has peed in 3 differnt spots on my carpets, and his cat box is clean! I'am beside myself because if me sleeping and taking naps is going to make him pee any where..I dont know what to do? please help. he did come from a good breeder that had lots of other cats...thinking maybe a friend coud help his problem but this breed is very costly to buy and could be a few months before I can do so...in the mean time it looks like his new trick...well! HELP!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
has he been to a vet? What you are describing is not what I know normal sphynix behavior to be

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bad sphynx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
before he came home yes, vet. The breeder also breeds siamese cats too. They told me MoJo was different than the other cats of his breed. Yep he is driving me crazy...he screams and crys non stop, unless when he sleeps with me or when he will let me hold him or eats. he does talk a lot also, it seems like he's telling me I should do but I no cat talk very well. The 1 st pee was on my stairs in my town home to where it leads to bedroom bathroom and his cat box. The 2nd pee was on the carpet throw before the cat box...now today while I nap he peed in hall way just off the bathroom and fresh cat litter was in box. Mojo does reminds me of a siamese cat a lot!!! He's very vocal and jumps very high places and runs in the house like a wild cat. ??? The crying I feel i can just get through but the pee thing????

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you personally need to take him to the vet because maybe this is something that has happened since the last time he went with the breeder. That behavior does not sound normal or healthy.

My friend has a Sphynx and was about ayear old when she got her. She didn't cry much at first, but she did have the same problem with peeing...she bought a couple more litterboxes and placed them in random places, so that they were always available to the kitty, should she have to go. However, this did no good because she wasn't just peeing out of spite---she had some health problems that made her do this. The vet prescribed meds and she soon got better and started to pee normally in her litterboxes.

Please take him to the vet, so they can tell you what is wrong with her that is causing this behavior.

bad sphynx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MoJo I've had maybe 2 months now. His breed is a hairless sphynx and the breeder also breeds siamese...anyway here are the problems, He's 8 months old and will be fixed this monday. He is so wraped up in me that I almost dont know if I can keep him! He cry's 24/7 and it goes into like a sceaming sound...I pick him up and put him under my throw with me to make warm( no Hair)..hes out in 3 min. crying then back again, its an over and over thing with him. The worse is when I'am on the phone he goes wild... bounced off walls screaming that its not him I'am taking with. This last phone call he sit and cryed and cryed then peed where he sit. I take naps and he does the same thing and sometimes will pee on the carpets because I'am sleeping and not giving attention to him. See with Mo jo its all about needy attention...I'am sure his health is fine its all about me looking somewhere else other than right at him or doing something else but not with him when I get this. Today he tryed and tryed to jump on my stove while I cooked...wouldnt let him, had boiling water on, so he next climbed my body from my legs up into my back and neck...screaming in my ear when he reached the top! Needless to say deep claws marks up and down me and hot water went all over me too thankfully not him. Is this little guy crazy???? I've had cats in my life before but this one...oh my God! Please his intire personality is like this dayily and I'am hardly getting sleep and am ready to hang myself...I've tryed time outs, not looking at him, talking to him...what ever I try, he gets passed it and someway gets some kind of attention!!!! WHAT to do?????????????? signed I'am affraid to go home! I'am affraid to leave, I'am affraid to just be in the same house as MoJo...the crying/screaming for attention is driving me out of my mind! and now the peeing...geeeeeeeeeeeeee

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please take this cat to a vet- today.
I merged your threads so people will see the whole story.

gabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like that there is something seriously wrong healthwise with your kitty. If he is screaming/crying and peeing all over the place -- you must get him to the vet right away, the cat is in extreme pain. When a cat pees in front of you -- he/she is trying to tell you that there is something very, very wrong. Could be urinary tract infection, gall stones or something more serious.

I look forward to your update.

Good luck.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
like the others said fist check with the vet then maybe speak to the breeder and ask her advice. even though she says he was vet checked a problem might not have been developed enough to diagnose or sad to say, some people will sell a sick kitten

failing that maybe go see a cat behaviourlist (www.mewhoo.com may have listings)or buy some books on cat behaviour? i'm sure hissy can reccomend a few good ones.

nano

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You seem to be under a tremendous amount of stress. Is there a therapist you can talk to? Even mentioning suicide as a throwaway comment is a big warning sign that you are not doing too well. Hope it gets better for you!

As for the cat, I'd suggest you call the breeder and ask them to place the cat in a new home. Whatever is happening, it sounds like you would be better off alone and the cat would benefit from a fresh start as well.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I said before, and as other people did as well, this cat needs to be checked out by a vet ASAP!!! It is very risky for you to just assume that the cat "just wants your attention".

I believe that your cat is trying to get your attention---to tell you that he/she is not feeling well or that something is wrong with him/her. Please have your cat checked out at a vet, because something is obviously not right.

bad sphynx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you all for your surrport and help your good people that really care about animals!!! I'am getting him asap to the vet. I talked to the breeder and they think he needs to be put down...and would give me another of good temperment...No I will not put this little guy down, maybe if his health checks out I'll see if pro-zac is made for kitties 1st or something else where he still has life above all! Oh no I feel fine and really am not going to hang myself or something for gods sake, back to the one comment I read! geeeeeeeeeeeee, Nano yes I'am stressed and yes I feel a little trapped by this kitty that attacks for attention at me hour after hour, day after day. it was just a comment of how stressed out this stressed out kitty has gotton me...ya know cause and effect, I'am sure you have heard of it sometime in your life. Geeeeeeeee thank you for your kind words and help!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's how they get your attention. I would suggest a full blood panel on this cat- as well as x-rays and a cystocentesis. Sphynx cats are generally full of life and pretty healthy. The escape a lot of the genetic problems other breeds have. This one sounds like he is really trying to tell you that something is not right. I hope you get him to the vet quickly- for his sake as well as yours. Please let us know what they find?

bad sphynx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hissy..Thank you I did not know this! I will copy what you said and take with me as not to forget. Today MoJo was not to bad when i came home for lunch and to check on him...best of all no pee but in the box only and just a normal little cry of hello. Hope after work He's the same. he is such a sweet soul and such a snuggle bunny as long as I dont talk to my dog, on the phone or to my birds. I'll let you know what the vet says! Also no cooking on the stove unless I put him in another room from this point on.
Thank you for your kind words and thoughts!
Rocky

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a Sphynx Owner and I agree, MoJo needs to see a vet! A Sphynx is a very social cat and does do much better with another cat in the home, but what you are telling us, is just not right.
As far as what the breeder said, I can not believe he/she would say something like that! Give MoJo back and they would put him to sleep. I would honestly question the type of breeder that he/she is. I have alot of contact with Sphynx Breeders all over the US, including Sphynx Forums and what that breeder said is plain wrong! I am sorry, but you have not even had the cat checked out and they are talking putting it to sleep. That makes me so angry.
Please bring Mojo to the vet and hang in there. If the vet does not find anything wrong with MoJo, I would like to give you a few forum addresses that deal only with Sphynx (PM me). They may be able to give you a better idea of what is going on. PLEASE let me know what happens.

bad sphynx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Luvmysyhnyx...thank you so much! Well I told the breeder no do with the distroy...she heard me I think and offered me another kitten free for a pal for MoJo, I found that to be very giving and caring! Also found out they raise siamese and she told me after me asking her there could be way back in the gene pool this breed as the starter because she does have sphynx with blue eye's???? So this does explain Mo a lot...I felt I had a saimese with no hair instead...all his temperment and actions points this way. I'am still seeing a vet to clear anything else wrong out of the way but I'am very sure it's the saimese thing thats going on too. He's not peeing in the wrong places anymore but is still very vocal...talks a lot and the screams or load howels not unlike a siamese have gotten way better ( doing something new with him). Yes when the breeder ask for me to be the to put him down I too got angery but you know what, it was for the best that this was said to me after all! It shocked me into not giving up and fighting more to make Mo more easy to live with...so in a way that statement saved him from just being another bouncing ball in the foster care system. I look at Mo now with new eyes and a new heart! I'll let ya know what the vet says.

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your poor kitty is probably suffering from separation anxiety ( thats if he's not sick) This could be his way of getting back at you,My best friends cat ( siamese ) pees all over the house if she goes away.Im happy to hear that you are not putting your cat down that would be very irresponsible.Hope all goes well at vet, let us know

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Be a lioness cat mom to you distressed furbaby. Fight for what he needs, so that over time, he can become the healthy, loving companion that you hoped to have when you adopted him.

Please...take him to your vet & insist on the tests that hissy suggested. If illness is ruled out as the source of his problem...educate yourself about cat behavior.

You can win this. It will take time but it is worth it. Our cat companions are priceless & give back more that we could ever give them.

bad sphynx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Be a lioness cat mom to you distressed furbaby. Fight for what he needs, so that over time, he can become the healthy, loving companion that you hoped to have when you adopted him.

Please...take him to your vet & insist on the tests that hissy suggested. If illness is ruled out as the source of his problem...educate yourself about cat behavior.

You can win this. It will take time but it is worth it. Our cat companions are priceless & give back more that we could ever give them.
Thank you...well MoJo checked out fine at vet...He still bounces of the walls when I talk to anyone on the phone, my dog, or if I'am vocused on something else other than him, still no pee but in his box. talks up a storm and simply acts like a siamese...so now back to the books until his new sphynx pal arrives at the end of May. Thanks to the breeders kind hearts...I still cant beleave they are giving me pick of the litter for free to make this up to me and help me with Mo Jo !!! Just when you think you have your mind made up about human kind...someone just shakes up the very ground ya walk on with a kind and good and over fair gesture! WoW!!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't believe it either. I have heard a lot of odd things in my life. After you get this second kitty, I think i would steer clear of this "breeder."

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It seems fishy to me, that they are willing to give you a $2000 kitten for free. Maybe they're just being nice, but usually they would want MoJo back for the replacement of the new kitten. Maybe I'm being cynical, but it sounds to me like they might have known that there was something, not quite right with MoJo, before they sold him to you. Then for them to be willing to put him to sleep rather than try to find out what the problem is, also seems like something isn't right. If his mother did mate with a Siamese, they must have had a feeling that something like that might have happened, but they tried to sell the kitten as a pure Sphynx, which would be dishonest. I don't know anything about Sphynx cats, except that they're really expensive, so I don't know if they can have blue eyes or not. It just doesn't seem right theat they wanted to put him to sleep. That really bothers me.

I've grown up with Siamese cats all my life, and I've only known one who acted and still sometimes acts psycho, and that's my cat Shane. My Rainbow Bridge Snoopy, was the sweetest, most laid back cat in life. My new little girl SunLee, is pretty playful, and can rival my Bengal Simba when it comes to jumping, but she's not psycho. Siamese cats are vocal, but not insanely vocal, unless something is wrong. They're not unpleasent to have around, but are actually a lot of fun.