Cruel & unusual to treat - or euthanize?

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless her - it is fine for cats to eat dry food straight after a dental. I remember one of Ginger's dental, I went to the shop specially for the softest food they did, and he ended up eating my other cat's dry food!! Dry food can actually be easier for them to eat after a dental as they can just swallow it without having to chew.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe you can add a bit of water to the dry like you would do for a kitty??? Just thinking out loud here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's doing well - giving her more dry food now (she's not eating enough wet food to sustain herself). She likes this whole sleeping on the bed thing - but can I move the bed outside for her please?
She really really really thinks she's ready to be outdoor cat again - me, not so much.

valksy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As a quiet and shy one I felt I had to pipe in to this thread with a thank you.

Thank you and thank you again for what you did for this magnificent moggy.

Just when I feel my heart will break from the loss of my beloved one, I see something good here and it helps.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has she taken over the bed yet?? That's too funny that she's enjoying sleeping in the lap of luxury!

How was the follow up vet visit regarding her bloodwork? Any news on that yet?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did talk to the vet, he said while yes she has kidney issues - it's not bad for her age/general health. The other oddities were attributed to bad teeth, stress, etc.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can say is bless you.
You are such a caring person!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad the odd values are nothing to worry too much about! Continued for you both

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so great! I would let the teeth thing settle down and get her all healed and back on the road to her normal life and then in about 6 months have her blood tested again to see how her kidneys are doing and get a good baseline reading for her. I have an older kitty who's borderline CRF and we have her blood tested every 6 months or so just to monitor and make sure there are no huge changes in her numbers.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fafeena has decided that just enough of being a housecat, so I am moving her out to the enclosure shortly. I will continue the canned food 4x/day for awhile - and monitor her to ensure she is eating the dry food. She is very much so depressed being indoors. I took her out for a walk today, and when I brought her back in she went "limp" so to speak, did nothing, doesn't care to eat, just lays down in the same place she's been the past few days. When she was outside she was playing with rocks in the driveway, zooming around, happy as could be.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Fafeena has decided that just enough of being a housecat,
Some kitties just aren't meant to be a housecat eh.

for Fafeena..... Hope being back outside, brings her back to her normal self....

She's done so well Nat, you must be so proud

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Fafeena has decided that just enough of being a housecat, so I am moving her out to the enclosure shortly. I will continue the canned food 4x/day for awhile - and monitor her to ensure she is eating the dry food. She is very much so depressed being indoors. I took her out for a walk today, and when I brought her back in she went "limp" so to speak, did nothing, doesn't care to eat, just lays down in the same place she's been the past few days. When she was outside she was playing with rocks in the driveway, zooming around, happy as could be.
Well, that sounds like a statement of preference, if I ever heard one!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, so glad she's feeling better and expressing her wants and desires to you!! Since she's in an enclosure and not out running wild, I'm sure she'll continue to do fine. If she's been an outdoor kitty her whole life, or mostly her whole life, being inside may be too stressful and too boring for her!