Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin dies!!!!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was sure that people were just being stupid when they told me!

What makes me angry though, is people are trying to make a profit out of his death and things are being put up on Ebay quicker that you can type Steve Irwin!!!

RIP Steve - May your family be able to grieve in peace

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was the first thing i saw when i switched on breakfast t.v.. So sad

I'm sure all the animals over Rainbow Bridge are gathering to meet this wonderful man to show him his new home with them

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in shock when i read this. he will be very much missed. one solice can be found he was doing what he loved when he went.

Love to his family and friends.

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG just read theis news when i turned on my pc then i told my hubby as he watches him all the time,He was great, very brave, cant believe he has died....bet his family are devastated.

R.I.P Steve.Irwin.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Max emailed me this and I got angry because I thought it was a joke.

I have been in tears all day. I think that Steve Irwin is one of the things that made it great to be Australian. I feel like I have lost a member of my family. And his poor wife - she was trekking in Tasmania and they had to track her down to tell her. The world found out before she did. I can't imagine her pain.

I don't think there was anyone like him in the world - his enthusiasm knew no boundaries, his love for his work and the animals he lived with was beyond anything I'd seen in anyone before.

The only consolation in this tragedy is that he died doing what he loved.

He was a one-of-a-kind and he will be sadly, sadly missed for a very long time to come.

I have tried to log on to his site to send a personal message of sympathy to his family, and you just can't get on it, there must be so many people visiting. A fitting tribute to a great man.

RIP Steve you legend, Australia and the world misses you.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I was about to go into a job interview this morning when the receptionist mentioned this and I felt so sad.
Mark and I watch his shows all the time and we absolutely loved him. Of all the things he's done, all the risks he has taken to educate the rest of the world and something so unusual ends up claiming his life.
Rest in Peace Steve, you were an amazing man the whole world will miss you

I like to think about what Susan said, that he's just met all those animals at the bridge and he'll be really happy continuing his amazing work.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first thing my Dh said to me this morning was "Wake up, Crocodile hunter's dead" I said "which one? Paul Hogan or Steve Irwin?" I immediatly jumped up, and logged on here because I knew something would be on TCS about it... This is SOOO sad...

They barely showed anything about it on the news. Maybe 20 seconds and that was it. The world has lost a great man and animal lover.
I feel so bad for his wife and kids.

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got off work, and logged on here, and saw the thread title, and I too, thought this was a joke. How devasting this must be for his family. My thoughts and prayers are with his family during the heart-breaking time. He truly was a great ambassador for all animals, big and small. May he rest in peace.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is too sad. RIP Steve, he was an amazing man, he did so much good work educating people about animals.

At least he died doing what he loved.

He was so young, his poor family must be in bits
I feel so sad for them.

kamadoma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He had great passion for wildlife conservation. I myself had developed concerns for wildlife thanks to this guy. It's really saddening to see someone pass away after he has contributed even in a little way to your life. He's one of my greatest idols, he's one of the guys I wanted to meet personally due to his great passion for nature. Rest in Peace Steve, we will never forget you and your great passion for the wild.

evepie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i'm so upset....Steve, you were my hero. i'll miss you so much.
All my love to Steve's beautiful wife & children. Be happy.

Sleep well my friend

x

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! I am totally blown away. I loved his absolute love for conservation. He was so proud to be called DAD! He will be so missed!!!!

My thoughts and prayers to Terri, Bindi and Bob!

RIP Steve!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was so shocked when i found out. i wonder how all the parents are going to tell their kids. . . . . . .

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was flipping through the channels and as I was passing CNN I saw the headline. I'm shocked. The world has lost an amazing man. I always loved watching his show, and admire his dedication to the animals. What a sad day for the animal world.
But I can just imagine the welcome he received at the Rainbow Bridge. Rest in Peace Steve; may your legacy live on.