CRF/CKD Cat.... food?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad you got that UTI early and hopefully now she's back feeling good (and eating well again)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pawprints1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she seems to be eating much better lately :) 

Have to call to see what we should do fluids-wise, since she is eating well again and i dont want her getting uncomfortable again. 

we tried for 50 the other night, got about 30 in before she kinda squirmed the needle out of herself. our second attempt to finish didnt go as well, crying involved, so i just stopped and said thats enough for today. 

but i dont know if i need to try again during the week this week, or if we are okay as along as shes eating well. want to get medical advice :)

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When ws the last time you had her kidney numbers done?  Just curious to see how they are doing without her getting much sub-q fluids.  It's possible she's doing pretty well with just extra water added to her food, since she's eating well.  The eating is usually the telltale sign, I've found. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pawprints1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
at last check, she had returned to normal, aside from creatnine being very slightly above normal (by 2 numbers) *touching wood* 

things did skyrocket initially though when we first noticed her sick, so i know its not something to just ignore. but, luckily things recovered pretty well. and she seems to like her much more wet food (formerly a mostly kibble kitty). 

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So have you talked to the Vet about just how difficult it is to get sub-qs into her?  What do that advise?  Do they think the extra liquid in her canned food will be sufficient for now?