Crazy water intake increase

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bloodwork and urinalysis came back. Dr wants to treat with antibiotics as Cocci was high. After 1 week will retest blood and urine. SDMA is up to 18.9 from, 16.7, Creatine is up 2.6.from 1.9, Specific gravity is 1.020 which is tad lower, no trace protein this time. So the numbers are concerning for sure but will retest in 8 days. I have 8 years of reference bloodwork to compare with as I log everything research everything and second opinion most things.Thanks to everyone on this site I have learned so much and grateful for all input! Praying this is UTI and numbers will improve but I'm aware infection might not be the only issue. Whatever happens for now I feel like I have a way to do something to help him until we retest. I am so grateful for all the posts to help guide me!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad you are on top of everything with him!!

8 days seems kind of a short period of time for retesting as it seems that most vets want to wait at least a week AFTER the last day of an antibiotic regimen. But, I have heard of some who want to test quickly to ensure the numbers are heading in the right direction.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allyocean

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

8 days seems kind of a short period of time for retesting as it seems that most vets want to wait at least a week AFTER the last day of an antibiotic regimen. But, I have heard of some who want to test quickly to ensure the numbers are heading in the right direction.
My thought too! But I'd rather have an idea I suppose but

My thought too but sounds reasonable and will help with worry but I might ask if we can wait