Crafters?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tracie holladay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone looking to learn to crochet can watch the beginner tutorials that Mikey with The Crochet Crowd has created. He's amazing.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have the patience for needlework of any kind. I paint with acrylics and oils, not very well but I enjoy it. My past crafts included cake decorating. Here are some photos of my cakes. Keep in mind I am self taught so I am not a pro! I stopped because my family got tired of the end results. I love to bake too - I suppose that is a craft. I have won several contests with my apple pie, breads and cookies.  Due to diet restrictions now I don't do much baking any more either.                                                                          
My daughters birthday cake one year. She had a blue point Himalayan.She was also into ballet.
Fishing cake for my Dad.

A couple of wedding cakes I did for relatives and friends.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Raina21   WOW! You are talented! All great stuff, but I love the snowman cookie jar, because I love snowmen. So cute! I also love the black & white set of mugs w/ the blue inside. Really pretty. 

Love the vase too! 

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love photography, even though I don't have a really nice camera. You can see some of my stuff on the photo bucket link on my profile page.

I also like to make scrubs & bath salts as gifts. I did sell some when I was a buyer in the wellness dpt, & for Gen. merch.  at a local natural food co-op.

I've done a lot of projects to my apartment, as most of you have seen on those threads a while back now. 

I guess the last big project I did was to redo a coffee table I bought. The link is below. If I had a garage, more money, & time, I'd love to do more things like this! I have a furniture ideas board on Pinterest, & there are so many cool things I'd love to try! 

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/323842/i-finally-finished-my-coffee-table

Here's something I made my parents for their anniversary a few years back. I just took the glass out of a frame, & used Modge Podge glue & sand. Then I hot glued the shells on. (the frame backing).

I already had the design laid out how I wanted it before I started. I also spray painted the frame. I did a smaller frame along with it that my sister put a picture of the beach that my niece took. 

My mom put them in their bedroom when they redid it.