Could this be nearing the end of the waiting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kedimama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The 4th one has just arrived, I am not sure if Kedi has anymore inside, I will continue to monitor and see how she goes.

kedimama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, I am pretty sure she has finished, so 4 it is, mum is eating well and attending to her babies. I will post a picture once I can get a decent one, for now not wanting to disturb them, funny though as none of them seem to have mum's colours. Thank you also for the great advice and support.

kedimama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Mimsymomo, mummy is doing fine, eating, resting, going to the toilet and feeding/cleaning/stimulating the babies. So proud of her, considering this is her first, and only litter she will be having. Mum and the babies will be getting spayed/neutered as soon as they can be.

Got a couple of pictures not sure how good they are.

kedimama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

They are all doing well, mummy is her usual calm relaxed self, so attentive, has the odd little break from the nest but returns quickly or if she hears them squeaking. Mummy is doing everything she should be and its lovely to hear her purring away and see her snuggled down with them. Hopefully everything will continue to go as it should, the babies are gaining weight nicely and mum is also eating well. One question is there an age when they may be passed any danger stage and I can relax a little?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad to hear they are doing well! Yes, after the first 3 weeks they are generally out of the danger zone if all goes well. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

kedimama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was wondering if these weights seems right,

Kitten A 160g
Kitten B 151g
Kitten C 178g
Kitten D 155g

They are all feeding well, even the lowest weight one, just thought I would check to see if those with more experience think they are within the correct ranges.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The weights are all between 5-6 ounces, so for 2 days old they are doing great! They should ideally double their birth weights by the end of the first week. You want them weighing about a pound at 4 weeks old. They are good-sized, healthy kittens so far! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

kedimama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little ones are only 5 days old and are coming along great, tonight we noticed that one of them has one eye open and another has both eyes open, from what I have read I thought it was supposed to be 10 days before this started to happen, is it ok and normal for it to begin this early?

kedimama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I have a question on worming, the kittens are around 3 weeks old and doing well, i noticed last night that mum has lost some fur around her ears, i have read that this could be a symptom of worms, she isn't scratching them, nor does she seem to be stressed. I was wondering when it would be safe to worm her, as she is still nursing the babies. Any advice would be very helpful.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mom can be wormed anytime. The hair loss could also be from a deficiency in her diet while nursing. Is she eating enough calories in kitten chow and wet food? Does she seem stressed at all?

Last edited:

kedimama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you sarthur2 mum has been on dry kitten food since she was pregnant and wet food, unfortunately can't get kitten wet food here only 1 year plus wet food available. I will worm her today, what can i add to her diet?

i did try her with some scrambled egg but she only ate a very small amount. I have noticed over the last week that she is not eating as much, but still eating well. She doesn't seem stressed, she has her babies in a place where she moved them 2 weeks ago, she has some time out of the nest including access to the rest of the house and balcony, where she can get some sunshine.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can try some plain boiled chicken and plain white rice. Adult cat wet food is fine for her. [emoji]128522[/emoji]