could this be it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eponaboo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol its not me that doesnt put the loo seat down i have 4 kids and i feel like all i ever say to them these days is *have you put the lid down?* lol

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a good thing to do regardless of cats & kittens, as when you flush without the lid down a very fine collection of water droplets escapes into the air...

eponaboo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So still have trouble with the ginger kitten peeing everywhere, i know he uses the litter tray ive seen him. He is currently pulling decorations of the christmas tree i think i should check him for a 666 on his head lol!!

Ive chased him round the livign room this morning as he went behind the tv unit and assumed the pee position, i couldnt grab him but yelled which means he ran out form there knocking the kids advent calendars on the floor and proceeded to begin peeing on those so ill have to bin those now. I managed to pick him up for he had change to do more than dribble a litle. Stuck him in his litter tray, its a covered one so i kept my hand there until he decided to pee in there. 

If any one has any advice? He is kept to one room atm, im using the same little tray and litter since he was little. Its completely cleaned 2 times a week and scooped daily.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try giving him another tray - some cats like one for pee and one for poo.  What sort of litter is it?  Unless it's clumping scooping might not clean it enough for his tastes.  And 'the same little tray' - just how big, or small is it?  Cats often like plenty of room to sculpt the litter to their liking.

eponaboo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
its pretty big tray with a cover. we use wood pellets because he still chews it and plays with it >_<

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chasing him, or yelling at him then holding him in the tray will just create fear

Try other litters, there's also a kitten attract litter available

Try different boxes, smaller and uncovered may help

Playing with the Xmas tree is very normal for kittens and grown cats alike

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read that some adult cats dislike wood pellet litter as it's hard on their feet.  Try a fine litter, one that's a bit like sand, and see if that helps.