Could my rescue cat be pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well.. I just brought my kitten to bed with me, and she climbed right into the nesting box and started breastfeeding.. at 5 months old. I wonder if she could prematurely induce contractions? It's really cute either way, they're both grooming each other, I think her baby knows she's pregnant because she's helping her clean herself.. so cute!

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK so she started meowing (SHE NEVER MEOWS... like quietest cat I have ever met.. ONLY when she is in heat, not even for food.. never meows) so I watch her, she keeps getting out of nesting box and coming onto the bed. So I went and sat next to her in the nesting box, and she seemed more comfortable. She got in and out a few times and was rubbing herself up against me. Then I listen, AND SHE WAS PURRING!!!!!!!! So I started petting her, and she finally settled back into nesting box and was walking in circles licking her genitals until she settled in. Currently she is just lying in the nesting box with her eyes closed.. I will keep you guys posted, I think this might be it???

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's a good sign. She is probably purring throughp her contractions. Little kitten may be a comfort to her. Keep us posted! :)

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok well I stayed up til 5am with her and must have fallen asleep (on the floor next to the box) she wanted me to scratch her stomach. She was in the nesting box this morning. She is STILL licking her vulva.. Im not seeing contractions though.

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely just saw contractions!!

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_1258.JPG One little gray and white baby! Think there may be one more? Abdomen seems firm.. shes exhausted..

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was so cute, right as she was in labour she jumped up onto my bed where I was lying and curled up into my chest.. and bled all over me, but just curled up to me and let me stroke her belly.. so cute! Then she headed to nesting box. Last minute she jumped out of nesting box and yowled and ended up having baby on the floor :/

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, conratulations! Time will tell if there are more. Make sure the kitten latches and nurses well. :)

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He has strange long tufts under his eyes.. I dont know how I will ever give them away.. they are too precious. Mama ate a ton of wet food and water!

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it might just have been the one. Can I move them into the nesting box now? Im afraid they will get cold on the laminate..

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are singleton litters common?

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can someone help? Mama woke me up at 4:20am. She jumped up on bed and is meowing. I sat down next to nesting box and she seems restless. She keeps going in/out. After massaging her belly, I doubt theres anymore kittens... what could be wrong?

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nevermind.. I think she was upset because she could hear her older kitten in the next room. I brought her in with mama.

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can someone help? Im so tired but too worried to sleep. Our older kitten was being a bit rough and unpredictable so I seperated them again.. but momma wont go back to nesting box. Shes still pacing the room and trying to sleep on the bed with me!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
lulu97 lulu97

Keep the older kitten separate for now. She'll just have to adjust.

Have you put mom and baby in the nesting box now?

It can take moms a couple of days to settle down. I suggest you close her in the room with her kitten and leave them alone for now.

Otherwise, is everything okay?

Last edited:

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, everything looks good and kitten is fine, thank you so much! I will keep them seperate. The nesting box is in our room, I hope it doesn't cause any jealousy issues with our older baby!! Im trying to give her lots of attention.

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_1272.JPG Can anybody help with gender? Or is it too soon to tell? Excuse the poopy bum!