Could my rescue cat be pregnant?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It just means they've dropped lower down near the birth canal in preparation for delivery. It's normal.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
You won't be able to feel them as much towards the end- they are so much bigger and they don't have room to move around, plus they are moving lower to prepare for birth! Just be patient! Sounds like it could be very soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys so much, im just worried!! And overthinking!!:( trying to patient!!! Thankyou so much

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anybody else had a cat 68 days gestation look this small!?? Babies haven't kicked in awhile and she looks not even pregnant to me!!! IMG_1205.JPG IMG_1206.JPG

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ive noticed her skin is getting saggy low down on her body, not sure if its maybe milk coming in or if shes just putting on weight.. i need to start working soon I really hope this baby comes asap..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks pregnant to me. When she has the kittens you'll want to remove her collar so they don't get caught up in it.

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok ill remove it now, she doesn't try to escape its just her kitten I have to worry about running away ahha

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
How is she doing now? She might just have a smaller litter! They also look smaller when the kittens go towards the birth canal- she definitely has a pregnant belly though! How certain are you of her conception date?

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night I noticed she was doing a LOT of licking so I stayed up and watched her out of the corner of my eye.. she is fine this morning.

Well, she has not been outside in my care.. Previous owners told me they let her outside the weekend of March 18th, and I adopted her literally the next day. (I know I could have spayed... :/)

At what day do you recommend calling the vet?

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it OK to give pregnant cats catnip? Maybe if she starts playing and running around it will induce labour?? Ahha shes just been sleeping all day..

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No kittens yet. Im pretty sure I felt a kick last night though! Shes 70 days today and eating and sleeping. I have to go visit family today but I will have someone check on her.

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No. She cleans herself all night (for a good 30 mins) but even that is her whole body, not just her vulva...
shes currently sleeping. Ate her breakfast this morning..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You've not had an x-ray to see how many kittens or the gestational age, have you?

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No I have not, but I don't think I can be wrong about her gestation period. My friend used to work as a vet assistant and she recommended bringing her in if she does not have them by this weekend.:/ I'm praying for tonight!

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Send some prayers/positive vibes my way please!!

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's in her nesting box!!! and she hasn't gone in it barely since I put it in the closet... hoping she is close...