Could foster cat be pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicolegray

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we're very relieved. Kittens would be fun and adorable, but the last thing we need is more cats without homes, right?

Maybe in the future we'll foster a pregnant cat for a rescue or something like that.

This also means that we'll be able to adopt another adult cat when we're a bit more settled.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NicoleGray

Yeah, we're very relieved. Kittens would be fun and adorable, but the last thing we need is more cats without homes, right?

Maybe in the future we'll foster a pregnant cat for a rescue or something like that.

This also means that we'll be able to adopt another adult cat when we're a bit more settled.
I love the way you think

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too would be relieved to find out that she's 100% not pregnant. Although you are fairly certain now, I don't think Aubrey is entirely out of the woods yet for the possibility of a pregnancy...if after 2-3 more weeks there are no other signs, or no kittens magically appearing in your home, I guess we'll all know for sure!

Judging from those pictures, I'd venture to guess that she's not pregnant...you most likely witnessed a mild heat cycle. She's not quite as pear-shaped around the rear end as she should be, nor are her nipples that prominent at this time. Of course, these eye-balling methods have proven to be flukes in different cases, so I guess what I'm saying is that there is no way of knowing until she's either had a vet x-ray or ultrasound, or until hard labor hits, or until enough time has passed to reasonably make the judgement call.

Good luck...she's absolutely adorable!!!

nicolegray

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry about the delay! I'm visiting my parents, and haven't been online that much.

We ended up not taking her in last week, for two reasons. One, our landlord was hovering around and wouldn't appreciate the fact that we've got a cat (he can't do anything about it, but he'd be a pain in the rear). Also, we were concerned that the vet would want to do an x-ray or an ultrasound, just to make sure, and we'd rather not pay for that.

Audrey is as she was, though, so at this point I will happily say 100% not pregnant. Whew!

BTW, do you folks no of a resource that lists low cost spays and neuters (we're in Toronto). If we can avoid spending a few hundred dollars, it would make our lives much easier.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So she is for sure not fixed or still not known. I know here Petsmart on Sat has like clinics and the vet would check for $10.00

Just call all the shelters and pet stores they might no something. I am glad she is ok.

nicolegray

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dredging this thread up from the depths in case anyone was curious how this turned out. Audrey was spayed a few weeks ago, and is doing wonderfully. Her heats started getting really annoying near the end.

Unfortunately, we were unable to find a low cost spay in Toronto, so it ended up costing about $260

nicolegray

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's totally fine. It's amazing how quickly they heal! I couldn't believe it. One week in and she was already trying to run up and down the stairs. We miss how affectionate she would get when she was in heat, but she's still an absolute sweetheart.

Thanks for asking after her!

nicolegray

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've posted this one yet. It's from before she was spayed, but still pretty recent. Audrey is an indoor cat, but we occasionally take her out on the porch with her harness on.