Correct me if I am wrong..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But arent cats supposed to hate water? Gwen..is..umm swimming in the bathtub right now o_O

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which one is Gwen? Is she one of your DSHs? Maybe she has some Turkish Van or Maine Coon way back when. Also, some cats just didn't read the manual!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

But arent cats supposed to hate water? Gwen..is..umm swimming in the bathtub right now o_O
Wow, I don't suppose you managed to get a picture?.........sigh.........Jasper will go into the shower while it is still wet and watch the rest of the water run down the drain, but I don't think he would swim in the bathtub....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to but of course the camera wouldnt work. *waaaaaaahhh* and by the time it did she had gotten out. little stinker! shes obessed when I do laundry in the tub she knows I do a pre wash with just water before i add the degerant..and yup thats what she was swimming in

Yes gwen is one of my DSH's the little grey

Hmm i need a sig for her..

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a very silly kitty!, Reilly likes water too but not enough to swim in it!..he likes to be misted with my plant water sprayer
weird kitty!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my two little rescue guys, Napoleon, seems to like water - I have had to bath them several times, and he just stands in the bath and lets me wash him, while he puts his nose in it. His brother Wellington fights all the way.

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tank would sit on the side of the tub when my husband would take a bath and play in the water. When the tub was draining, he would jump in when there was about an inch of water left and play in it! Also, when I would take a shower, he would be in the bathroom as well and try to catch the drops of water running down the shower curtain, but he was on the dry side. He was so cute
After I got out of the shower, he would then jump in and lick the drops of water from the wet side of the shower curtain.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sheba (RB) liked to play in the water coming from the garden hose and would be soaked. Baths were another issue...

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

OMG...you totally need to get pix....OMG

My cats like watching water.....but i have never seen them even look like they wanted to go in water......

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gandalf doesn't like being submerged in water but if he can stick a paw in it or have it come down on him (Like in the shower, then he one happy kitty.) It cracks me when I take a bath because he'll sit on the edge of the tub and dunk his tail in the water then a paw.

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Zeke gets in the tub with me all the time. Silly kitty

Riley sits on the edge and paws the water.

Jesse James so far likes water, but doesn't get in. Zeke was the age Jesse is (6 months) the first time he got in the shower with me. Maybe he will be a swimmer too.

Bobbie

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch and Noodles like the water. They jump in the tub after my showers a lot. Our tub clogs kinda easy so frequently there is an inch or 2 of water in the tub after a shower. They also peek in when I'm showering a lot. Mooch splashes in her water bowl a lot too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tehehe well she was swimming again but someoen took out my camera last night so i am working on putting that back together

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoey loves water... thou the rain is bewildering to her ... She is out right now investigating it

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Charley used to sit on the edge of the bath when I would be in it. She'd occasionally dip a paw or her tail, although she never actually got in there with me

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat who was so fascinated with the water going down the drain or toilet, that he actually learned to flush the toilet! We said he was a plumber in another life. (He was a black cat BTW)

My current black cat pushes me aside if she knows a "flush" is coming!
I say she must be "channeling" my old cat!