Concentrated Prayers and Board Magic Desperately Needed!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, this systemic condition has more ups and downs than a roller coaster at 6 Flags Magic Mountain.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wondering how the boy is doing...been a few days...still thinking of Racer and his humans, and praying.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry guys, he crashed again. We are trying stall confinement to see if it helps. The vet was out and not hopeful, evident in the economy size bottle of pain killers he left me to help bring Racer out of pain.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry MA. I don't post often in this thread, but you are both in my thoughts often; I'll go light a candle for him.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys, I just try not to think about it anymore. The vet says it is going to be a long haul. This thread could get very old, very fast. He spends the majority of the day laying down, and we even elevated the floor of his feeder so that he doesn't have to lean forward very much and it helps because it takes the weight of his front legs. We are going to build a small area fence in front of his stall, so he can at least get out into the sunshine, and I am still researching whether or not to bring a load of sand in and dump it in the area. I have heard good things as well as horror stories about horses that founder after they are put on sand. Some do really well and others become crippled.
I literally feel sometimes like I want to fall apart and I am just trying to keep myself busy and hope for the best. I joined a mailing list of vets and vet techs and recently got up enough courage to ask a few questions. The response has been tremendous and now there are more equine vets trying to help.

Sam, Racer will be 6 years old in April.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Racer is still a baby.
Mary Anne it sounds like you're doing everything that is possible for Racer, I can't imagine how hard this must be.. Keep yourself busy! Take care..

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
MA I wanted to add my thoughts for Racer with all of the others here. He's obviously a special horse and there is a great bond between you two. I'm so sorry you both are going through this horrible time. I hope you continue to find new avenues of help and information like the vet mailing list. Take care of yourself first so that you can then better care for Racer.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mary Anne, I am praying for Racer's pain to go away. I don't know much about horses but I am sure you will get a lot of help from the vets you contacted.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just read the rest of this thread...hang in there Hissy...I know it's very hard, but try to think positive...I know you are trying to. We are all still praying and sending positive energy to Racer. We love you and we want to hear any updates you can give us. I don't get much time online anymore but I think of you often!!!!! (and Racer!)

himmymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
sending prayers up for racer and for peace for hissy...
hugz
Lorien

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy, I will continue sending positive healing vibes to Racer, and prayers for strength to you until you tell us he has had a full recovery.

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge prayers, crossed fingers and mega-positive vibes to poor Racer and to MaryAnne who must be beside herself with worry about her precious horse.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, Racer decided to show me what he thinks of stall confinement, and when I entered his stall, he turned his rump to me and threatened me! He hasn't done that since he was a baby? I wasn't doing anything but visiting him which I do often, only this time I was bringing hay. I looked at this rump quivering in my direction and his back legs tucked and I had my waffle stompers on so I raised up and kicked him in the butt. Then I went over to his front very carefully and yelled at him for doing this to me. He turned around and was better, though I watched him out of the corner of my eye while I was busy in his stall. Right before I left, he turned around and bit me in my wrist as I passed!

I was in such pain and I lost it. I grabbed his head that he had flung way high, I had to jump to reach it and I finally got him in a lock and I squeezed his nose and I yelled at him. I told him I was sorry he was sick, that I was sorry that he was confined, but if he ever did this again, he would be sorrier than me. I backed away, checked my bite and calmed down (still in his stall) When I was calmer, I went up to him again and just talked to him. I was still pissed, but there were no hands laid on him except in love now. I just told him I am doing the best I can, and he has to work with me and not against me. I think we are friends now, but I am unsure where this behavior came from?

This morning, I opened up his stall to release him for the day- maybe that will make a difference?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mary Anne, I'm sorry that he took his anger out on you. Horse bites are very painful so I could see why you got angry!
Hope racer is okay.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M.A. a lot of time when we human are sick we get grumby (sp). I know I do get that way if I don't feel well . And for sure my hubby was lately very grumby , feeling like dunky due all the time .But that did not mean he did not love me , that just meant he was feeling bad and is not well at all and thats it . I think Racer is just not feeling well and having a hard time with that .
Racer still love's you .
I am so sorry about your wrist and hope your wrist is ok ((((((HUGS))))))