Comprehensive cat food poll - what do you feed your cats?

donnageorge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When we started researching what cat food was available, we never realized there were so many types.

So out of curiosity, we wondered what other pet guardians -- like yourself -- fed their cats.

Note: This poll was meant to be a fun, perhaps thought-provoking diversion; there is no real scientific value. Nor is this poll meant to spur rough-and-tumble debate on what food is better for our cats. But hopefully, productive discussion may result from this.

Thanks all.

Sincerely,
Donna and George

p.s. you can select multiple choices if you feed a variety of food to your pets, e.g., both dry and canned.

Also, once you do vote, your vote becomes locked; you cannot change your vote. So please read each food option carefully before voting.

aquarius

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Innova dry in the a.m.
Nutro canned in the p.m. (only because he doesn't like the innova cans)

Aqua

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donnageorge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmm, the polling feature didn't quite work. gonna try again in a new post or thread.

sorry...

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Raw Meat or Nutro...both supplemented, although not as heavily on the Nutro.

I prefer Raw Meat, but when the money gets tight, Nutro is one of the best out there.

Spotz

donnageorge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aha! we can edit a poll. woo hoo. ok, gonna give this a try...(yes, we're newbies at this polling stuff.)

goblin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am happy to see that we don't have to many vegitarian nuts. Cats are carnivores. They need a meat diet. I will agree that in the United States too many people eat as though they were carnivores. Humans are omnivores. Meat should only be a small part of our diet. That is probably why so many Americans are over-weight. We eat too much meat.

Goblin

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Goblin

I am happy to see that we don't have to many vegitarian nuts. Cats are carnivores. They need a meat diet. I will agree that in the United States too many people eat as though they were carnivores. Humans are omnivores. Meat should only be a small part of our diet. That is probably why so many Americans are over-weight. We eat too much meat.

Goblin
I'd have to respectfully, somewhat disagree with you Goblin on that statment.

PM me for details if you want...this is slightly OT from the Cat Food poll.

Spotz

nern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats are currently eating Chicken Soup dry. For canned I mainly use Innova, Eagle Pack, Wellness and sometimes Active Life.

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Avoderm Dry-Free Feed *that avocado oil has made Franz's coat glow!

Fancy Feast, Triumph, Nutro canned 2- 3oz cans daily

Very occasionly some raw beef, cooked lamb, and canned tuna.

Oh yeah, some chips and guacamole, washed down with some Polish Vodka and a good cigar, if he's had a bad day! LOL

niktemadur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Purina O.N.E. Weight Management when I can find it, Purina O.N.E. Regular Adult Chicken Flavor otherwise, both loved by them (five cats), sometimes Purina O.N.E. Urinary Tract Health, which they don't seem to like very much.
Also, the odd thing here and there, for example, Chimay loves V-8 juice.

I live in Mexico, an hour south of the border, and the only brands sold down here are Whiskas and Something-Or-Other (of course, there are dozens of brands of dog food), so I go up to San Diego once a month and stock up on this and PLENTY of cat litter. In fact, I just did so today, and arrived home a few hours ago, along with Dr. Pepper and some Clam Chowder from Anthony's for yours truly. Mmmmmmm.

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I checked the box for "Other". I serve my cats homemade food. Not raw though. Always cooked. For an example boiled chicken and steamed vegetables.

Like Goblin, I'm happy to see that the people here understand that their cats need meat. I don't like it since I'm a vegetarian myselfm but that's the way it is but cats are carnivores.

donnageorge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sol

I checked the box for "Other". I serve my cats homemade food. Not raw though. Always cooked. For an example boiled chicken and steamed vegetables.
Actually, you could've selected "Fresh meat - homemade cooked/baked with or without pre-mix."

jili

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two are currently eating Natural Balance dry, and a few brands of wet food: Nutro pouches, Authority, and Fancy Feast (Fish & Shrimp & Ocean Fish varieties).

Jill

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loki gets Life's Abundance Dry (Human Grade no corn, wheat or dairy) and SD wet - If Life's Abundance would make wet I would switch in a heart beat.

luvmycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed my three a mix of Chicken Soup and Wellness dry, and for wet I use Nutro NCC pouches, Trader Joes canned food, Wellness canned (for the ones that will eat it), and I have tried innova, but none of them will touch it.

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeeps gets Hi-Life (I didn't know about it until Rosiemac mentioned it) or Gourmet Gold for her wet food and Pro Plan for dry food. I eventually want to switch her to Royal Canin Indoor but because she's not a year old yet she's still on kitten dry food.

The Hi-Life is her favourite, the fish flavours have chunks of recognisable fish in and stink of pilchards
I love sea food but I draw the line at pilchards.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rhian - not really sure what Pilchards are. Are they on the order of Sardines?

Oh yeah - Loki also loves they finsh thing - the stinkier the better - ewww

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pilchard is far from humble: he is *the* sardine, _Sardinia pilchardus_, the original, from which the island of Sardinia was named (or vice versa). Nowadays, "sardine" can be used of any of 28 fish (by international agreement) given the heads-off, into-the-can, fill-with-oil, close-up, cook-quick treatment. The pilchard is to sardines as the sturgeon is to caviar: accept no substitutes
by Paul Sumner Downey

The daft thing is I like sardines but I can't stand Pilchards.