Completed Signatures - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried it in the smallest font. And even the print on the finished line was not the smallest one. It will accept my line of text only if I start typing after the IMG. And then on the saved siggy the line of text starts on the right side of the banner but in the preview it was on the bottom of the banner only. Go figure.

And, If I put the cursor at the end of the IMG and hit return and then start typing the line it refuses to accept due to too many lines and won't even show me a preview. It will only accept if I start typing right after the IMG line. Very strange. And I have tried a few different ways to try to get it to accept.

At this point, I am only using six words with no icons to see if that would help and it still did the same thing. Well, thanks Goldy
for all of your help back and forth today. I think I will just ask my 'puter hubby pro when he gets back into town on Friday. If he can't figure it out, then I will try you again. I don't want to keep bugging you with this.....

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Okay, I went back and tried it on my signature and it worked just fine. I did have to hit "return" before typing the text to get it below the banner.
I have no idea why it won't work for you.

ETA: it even works with the smileys in there.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Just thought of something else you might try. Instead of hitting return, hit the space bar until it moves the text to the next line. You'll probably have to experiment some, keep checking the preview, to get the right number of spaces since the message window isn't the same width as the final message.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The black cats are too tall to have with your size sig feralvr, but I did just insert the text for you.
Not sure why you weren't able to do it yourself. You can try editing what I added in.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

The black cats are too tall to have with your size sig feralvr, but I did just insert the text for you.
Not sure why you weren't able to do it yourself. You can try editing what I added in.
My signature edit allowed me to put the black cats in, but they may still be too tall for the parameters.

Feralvr, I didn't think about trying to put the text line ahead of the image the way AbbysMom did. Maybe that would work for you.

Now I'm going to put my own kitties back in my signature.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Wow, thank you very much. I didn't think of trying to put the line before the banner. Now, I went and tried to add small icons before and after and I ALMOST MESSED THE WHOLE THING UP
. So I am not touching it... It is fine just the way it is. Thanks for adding the line, not sure what the problem is on my end for editing it....

Let me know about the pretty pink heart banner. Geesh, do we dare try to change the banner now after all of this

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

My signature edit allowed me to put the black cats in, but they may still be too tall for the parameters.

Feralvr, I didn't think about trying to put the text line ahead of the image the way AbbysMom did. Maybe that would work for you.

Now I'm going to put my own kitties back in my signature.
Thanks again
. I did go and try to add small icons before and after the line AbbysMom put in, but it DIDN'T work. I have not a clue why!!! So I am not touching it or editing for now. I have the "your gonna mess it all up" touch
. Hope it works for you and you get your icons in.

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Thank YOU that was quick, again. Abby'sMom just posted a pretty pink background which I am snagging
for Valentine's Day. I appreciate your help Jazzy
It was no problem, making signatures is one of my favourite things to do on the computer. Got to make one for Ginga's birthday now..

Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

Status
Not open for further replies.