Coming to America!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

If you go to Boston, try to get on a Duck Tour. I've lived here all my life, and I learned things on that voyage. Also in DC, check out the Native American museum. We went last year, and I wish I had more time there. It was awesome. The museum itself is a work of art, never mind all the displays.
I was there last spring (Native History Museum) and while I thought it was really awesome, I got dizzy from going through all the circular setups.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd recomend a quick trip through some of the south. Do New Orleans and Dallas and Austin (Texas rules!) and I second visiting some of the south west,

And you MUST go to Vegas. It's super fun and awesomely tacky.

And visit LA. There's a lot of cool stuff to see.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

the honeymoon will be in 2008.
Do you realise you could time it so you could go to the TCS USA meet up? Vegas, baby!!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an exciting trip! I've lived in the US all my life and still feel like there's so much more I need to see! So it's hard to recommend places to go. Depending on your budget, it might be cheaper if you focus your visit on one area of the country. But if it's possible, it would be great to see both the East and West Coasts, as they are quite different in sights, culture, and "vibe". If you are going to stay in big cities I would say that the price for hotels will be well over $100 US a night. Food is a little harder to guess, because you can eat pretty cheaply, or very extravagantly if you wish.

Of the 4 places you mentioned, I've only been to DC and SF.

I'm glad to hear that Washington DC is on your list. I've had the luck of being there 3 times for business and was able to sightsee in my time off. It is a fantastic city - lots to see for free, great public transportation, and very vibrant.

San Francisco is a lot of fun. Again, lots of things to do and great places to eat! I found it's easy to get around the city. My DH and I went there for a few days for our 1-year anniversary in July 2005. It did get pretty chilly in the evening, but overall I thought the weather was fine.

My best friend is a teacher and did a historical tour of Boston and LOVED it. I have always wanted to go there, just haven't had the opportunity. Same with NY.

Have fun!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Gail - at least three weeks. The places we REALLY want to go are New York, Boston, Washington and San Francisco - so we'll almost have to go for a few weeks because to cross country with any meaning will involve some time.

Washington is most definitely on the agenda - I think that would be a really exciting place.
Well you've hit on my 4 favorite cities! Niagara Falls is a famous honeymoon spot. The falls are beautiful, but you must stay on the Canadian side for the lowest prices and best views. There is this great German Restaurant......

Boston has the best lobster. Quincy Market is a must, and if weather permits, walk the Freedom Trail.

In Washington it's best to stay outside, like Arlington, and take the metro into the city. If you're afraid of heights (like I am) watch out for the escalator down to the station. It's like riding down the outside of a 10 story building.

In NYC be sure to take in a Broadway play. Also visit St. Patrick Cathedral, Tiffany's, Steuben Glass, and walk along the diamond district.

SF - cable cars are a must. Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Park, Union Square. Also try to work in Monterey. What a beautiful place! The MB Aquarium is a must see. Great food and beautiful scenery. Be sure to drive through the 17 mile drive. Great golf courses there too.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're going to drive around the country, you might want to consider renting a small motorhome.

Also, if cost is a big issue, plan ahead with hotwire.com or priceline.com. I've had some amazing deals on hotels that way.