Comfy shoes....

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to do a lot of walking this weekend at a Harley rally, and my feet HURT! I saw girls walking around in heels and everything there, and wondered why my feet hurt so bad when I had better shoes on than that? I was considering wearing flip flops next time. What comfy (but cute!) shoes do you wear for walking at fairs and stuff?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

The platform-y flipflops is what I wore for the fair today.
And had no problem!!
Are they like slides? That's what I wore. Maybe it doesn't help thet they're like 5 years old and probably the comfiness has worn out of them!?

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You need a pair of Birkenstocks. I've had mine for 14 years, and have had to have them re-corked twice, but they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Those look comfy, but maybe not for wearing to fairs and such?....I'll look into them for work.
Oh no, those shoes are great for any time you're going to be on your feet.
You can buy coil covers for them though if you're going to be someplace where stuff may get in there.

They keep everything from aching

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wear these everywhere, with everything. They are just the best. Not cheap, mind you, but worth every penny.

I followed the advice I was given when planning for a trip, where I was going to need to do a lot of walking on cobblestones and otherwise uneven ground: I went out and bought a pair of "sturdy walking shoes". They're very comfortable shoes, and I wore them exactly ONE day. I should have known better. No matter how wonderful a fit I get, my feet really don't like closed shoes. Fortunately, I had my sweet Naots with me, and I lived in them the rest of the trip. I needn't have bothered with the "sturdy walking shoes"!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RUnners!

flip flops make my feet hurt, i honestly would rather walk anywhere barefoot

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One local TV station just an a article on flip flops today. The drs they intereviewed did not recommend Flip/Flops/Crocs for any time you will be on your feet for an extended time-mainly due to the fact that they have no support!!
Also back and knee problems could develop.
That said I will were a good brand of walking/cross training athletic shoes or my birkenstocks. (they are ugly but comfy!!)

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Birks.. They are more comfy with socks though it doesn't look as good. I have a pair of comfy flip flops that I got at target for a buck this spring. Very squishy. I probably wouldn't wear them if I had to do a lot of shopping.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a really comfy pair of espadrilles. I've had them for years, and they're so worn in. They are almost knitted across the toe, and have strings that tie around the ankle. I've worn them so much that they were looking really dingy from all the beer that's been spilled on them & stuff.... so I threw them in the washer on gentle with soap & bleach, and they look pretty good now. I also get a compliment on them every time I wear them!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm walking around at a Harley rally, I'm usually wearing my riding boots because I rode my bike there, LOL!

However, I usually bring a pair of SAS Duo Tripad Comfort Sandals with me when I know I'll be walking around for hours. They are $90 brand new, but I find them in "nearly new" condition on eBay for anywhere from $15-$45. They fit quite easily into my saddlebags!
I just have to remember to put sunblock on my toes!!

I have really wide feet for a girl (size 6 1/2 EE) and have a hard time finding shoes that fit, so I totally love my SAS sandals!!!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear Tevas. The river sandals are like, honestly, the best shoes I've ever seen in my life. They adjust totally so they form to your feet, they last forever, and if it's slippery they cling to rocks/cement like a tree frog. Like Rapunzel's shoes-- they are worth every expensive penny.

I am a campus tour guide, which means I give 8 90-minute walking tours a week. I wear these every time, and my feet have never hurt. Ever. I will tell you right now that flip-flops are no good for this, every time someone on my tour wears them they come off their feet or the person behind them steps on them... flip-flops are great if you aren't really walking much.

I just ordered a pair of their clogs. I'm excited to get them!

These are the sandals:http://www.teva.com/productslist.asp...e=1&mnu=womens
And these are the shoes I just ordered:
http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.a...a+2&mnu=womens
except in a really pretty tan/brown color. Like a guitar.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Danskos are seriously comfortable, bought mine in Hawaii a few years ago can wear them forever and for flip flops Sugar shoes are the spongiest things u will ever put on your feet!!I Love them I have about 10 pairs of just them in every color and style you can think of.. J.Crew has very comfortable flip-flops also!!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a couple of pair of sandals I bought 10 years ago that are the most comfortable for me