Comfy shoes....

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I have a really comfy pair of espadrilles. I've had them for years, and they're so worn in. They are almost knitted across the toe, and have strings that tie around the ankle. I've worn them so much that they were looking really dingy from all the beer that's been spilled on them & stuff.... so I threw them in the washer on gentle with soap & bleach, and they look pretty good now. I also get a compliment on them every time I wear them!
Show us a pic!

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The older you get the more shoes matter

I'd be crippled if I walked any length of time in shoes with no support.

I stand on my feet all day, and have gravitated towards Nursemates, Danskos, Birkenstocks etc. for extended standing.

For walking you can't beat a properly fitted and chosen pair of Nike's or Brooks sneakers. But it is all in taking the time to find the right pair when you are trying them on. My Nike Air Zooms literally propel me along and I could walk in them for a week.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear vans skate shoes. They are not very comfortable for long periods of time though. By the time I get home from work after standing the whole time my feet are sore but I don't know where around here to get comfy shoes.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I recommend Dansko shoes. They have a bazillion cute styles and are v. sturdy. I work in a hospital and all the docs and nurses where them; I figure they can't be wrong.

lucat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a pair of hiking sneakers from LL Bean I wear when I need comfort & support for long periods-look like sneakers with support of hiking boots-are waterproof & comfortable