Colloidal Silver

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any C.S. I have had was clear in color, & has never turned skin blue or gray at all.
I had even used it on my face in the past to help clear up a breakout, & it worked great!
I stand by it.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Silver nitrate is a white, crystalline solid and it makes a clear solution when mixed with water.
It will turn your skin black if you get it on you. In fact, we used to do that as a prank in chemistry class.

I have no way of knowing what the content of your alleged colloidal silver solution is but 500 ppm is pretty weak compared to solutions I have worked with. 10 ppm is even weaker... 50 times weaker.

PPM is not a good way to describe the concentration (strength) of a chemical solution. It is ambiguous and doesn't tell us much. "Molarity" is a much more precise way to describe the concentration.

Molarity means the same as "Molar Mass per liter."

The molar mass of silver nitrate is approximately 170 grams. Therefore, a 1 molar (1M) solution of silver nitrate contains about 170 grams of the substance dissolved in one liter of water. That is equivalent to approximately 170,000 ppm.

A 1M solution of silver nitrate is 340 times stronger (more concentrated) than your 500 ppm solution of colloidal silver.

If you are using a weaker, more dilute solution of colloidal silver; 10 ppm, for instance, it would be 17,000 times weaker.

That's one reason why your colloidal silver doesn't make your skin turn color. It's too weak to do anything.

Remember! It is illegal to sell colloidal silver in the US!

Whatever you are using, it is very likely that it is NOT actually colloidal silver.
Some charlatan is probably just selling water in fancy bottles.
These crooks get around the law by claiming that their products are "dietary supplements" because the FDA has no power to regulate dietary supplements.

That's another reason why your colloidal silver doesn't make your skin turn color. There isn't anything in it but water.

I just did a search for colloidal silver and found one dealer selling a 16 oz. bottle for about $20.

Some con artist, out there, is using legal loopholes to sell water for $120 per gallon!

Oh, boy! I think I'm in the wrong business!

(FYI: I work in a factory where toxic metals like lead, silver and tin are used on a daily basis.
I need to have a certain amount of training to prevent getting lead poisoning.)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a few years since I've had any, so I don't remember what brand it was, & it was before all of that, because it was still being sold in health food stores.
I believe the last I bought any it was on Amazon, & came from a chiropractor.
Maybe a couple of years ago??