Christmas Trees?

brina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't put my christmas tree up yet but I will this weekend.  What are some ways to keep my 12 week kitten away from the tree?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have never tried keeping cats or kittens out of the tree, a tree with dangly things on it will of course be of interest to cats. I just use non-breakable decorations and let them have at it - pretty much like this website http://www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp, if you want to keep it in order then you'd be best to have it in a room the cat can't go into. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some people have the chrismas tree standing in water. I have heard this water may be harmful for cats.

I dont remember if this is because of something you put in the water to keep the tree fresh, or it is something from the tree which do solves...

So, beware of such a Christmast tree water, if you have such....

Self C.T. isnt poisoneous in itself.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We have an artificial tree now, which is less attractive to cats than a real one, and use unbreakable ornaments with no tinsel or lights on wires.Jamie "undecorates" the tree just about every night.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a fake tree 90% of the baubles are unbreakable but I do have a few glass ones at the top, and I have it stood on a box so they walk around the bottom of the tree, and they havent really bothered with it, mine are both 4 and its their 1st tree for 3 years