Christmas Shopping

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Maybe I should start thinking about buying some Christmas gifts, eh? I've never been shopping on black friday, so I think I might get up early & drive an hour to the nearest real city to do some super shopping! And I promise it won't all be for the kits!
If you go to Mankato - GOOD LUCK!! I've never been up there on Black Friday - we just stick to shopping in Fairmont - we usually get good deals! I will never go to Mankato on Black Friday.... unless you have a death wish

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will probably start at the end of this month..It sucks for me because my birthday is one week from Christmas, so I have to buy my $75 licence sticker so close to Christmas
..Stupid government making me buy things..

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not doing any shopping this year. DH and I need to use the money to payoff our credit cards, and save for a house. We told everyone in July that it wasn't going to happen. We shall see if everyone respects our decision now that it is getting close to the holidays.

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well we are staying home this year and i only have hubby, my sister and the furry purries to buy for this Christmas.

We usually spend a fortune each year, but this time we are having a late holiday and my mum and other sister are going away too. So we agreed not to buy presents for each other. And i didn't want to put the cats back in the cattery again after only a few days at home, seemed a bit mean to do that to them again

I actually quite like Christmas shopping when i know what i am looking for
And we will put our big tree up this year, usually dont bother much as we are always at mums.

Its going to be strange on our own this year, very quite.....oh....i will have to cook....oh my.......

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

hmmmmm....take care of the 2 company bills that came in today
....orrrrrrr, rush over to the victorias secret website to check out that bag....

thanks for the tip Kenz!!!
Didn't check to see if they are still doing it, but I just got an order from them in the mail. The special was buy any sweater and enter in the code LIP and you got a free really nice lip gloss kit/compact.
They have sweaters as cheap as $19 too and they would make GREAT gifts.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started about a half a month ago.But, I have a BUNCH more to do.I'm barely started!!!

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well this year I started buying for someone in like May, and that gift is not totally finished yet, still have a frame to build for it. but I know what I am getting others for christmas, and just need to get the money to get the stuff. Not to mention that my fiancee has a birthday just before christmas too, but got htat gift this past weekend. Have to love bazaars, he

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally I get all of my shopping done in November. This year unfortunately, I will have to wait till the last minute because I just got a second job to make ends meet- so I will not be able to shop until I pay some bills first.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Didn't check to see if they are still doing it, but I just got an order from them in the mail. The special was buy any sweater and enter in the code LIP and you got a free really nice lip gloss kit/compact.
They have sweaters as cheap as $19 too and they would make GREAT gifts.
I just got their Clearance magazine yesterday - there are a ton of cute cheap sweaters! I didnt' see anything with that code tho? Maybe its over

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I just got their Clearance magazine yesterday - there are a ton of cute cheap sweaters! I didnt' see anything with that code tho? Maybe its over
Go to their website. They were still doing it as of yesterday. It comes in a nice sized hot pink compact with a HUGE mirror and says "VERY SEXY" on it.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually start picking up things, in June or July. By the beginning of December, I'm usually finished. The only thing, that I wait until the last minute for, is shoes for the twins.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Go to their website. They were still doing it as of yesterday. It comes in a nice sized hot pink compact with a HUGE mirror and says "VERY SEXY" on it.
I'll have to re-check again to see if its still going on!

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't even started. I'm kind of a last minute person. Every year I swear I'll start early and be done by the second week of Decemeber but it just never seems to work out. I gurantee I'll still be shopping on Christmas Eve.

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hehe, I usually don't start until I get home for Winter Break...which this year, is Dec. 12

I know what I'm getting my dad (MS Flight Simulator X), and my mom (Gift certificate to her favorite coffee joint and probably a drinking glass of some sort).... but my brother is a lot harder to shop for, since he really only likes big things...a plow for his truck, a new sound system, drums, tire rims, etc etc etc...you know, teenage boy stuff.

As for my best friends, I usually pick those out on a whim, depending on what I see, since we only do small gifts for each other.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually start around June or July and am usually done by the beginning of December. The only thing that waits until the last minute is shoes for the twins and a couple of crisp 50s for Mark and Sam.