Christian issues

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

If you don't see your family because they are not religious like you, I think you are taking your faith a bit too seriously and I think you have a problem. It sounds to me like you are treating Christianity more like a cult than a religion. And yes, there is a difference. Members of a religion believe in something, members or a cult are religion extremists. Nothing is wrong with being religious, but being and extremist is a problem.

More people have been divided by religion than anything else. Don't let it divide your family too.
I completely agree with this. God is not vengeful or mean, and if your pastor preaches fire and brimstone, instead of love and forgiveness, then I would question the validity of that church and pastor's interpretation of the Bible. And if he preaches that you should give x % or x $ to the church or you won't be saved, then I call that extortion for his personal enrichment. I've seen this way too much in the world of televangelists and non-denominational mega-huge churches.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm strong Christian too, but the Bible does say that we will have a new heaven and new earth - the same like we have it now, but the difference is that no one will go hungry or thirsty and no one will need to kill to eat. Everything will be perfect. Remember in the Bible about the lion and the lamb laying together? This is because in Heaven sin is no longer. Sin was point in which man and animals became killers - before that in the garden of Eden, everyone (man and animals) only ate plants and fruits. Read Genesis 1: 29-31 that talks about everyone eating plants and fruits - man and animals. After sin entered the world thru Adam and Eve's disobedience, then you have Cain killing Abel and the animals killed each other.

There will be animals in Heaven, God will make everything perfect. Just because it doesn't mentioned it in Revelation doesn't mean it won't be that way - Heaven is almost indescribable and John could not even tell all of what will be there. Don't worry, our pets and wild animals will live in peace up there.

There has been some people that have gotten to witness a glimpse of Heaven and have come back to tell some of what is there - and one of them specifically mentioned about seeing a German Shepherd playing with a Lion in peace.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

I rather agree. Some of the things you've said concern me for you. You seem to have given your church a lot of authority over the way you think. Be careful, my own understanding of the Bible has changed through the years as I've matured and experienced different things. I'm suspect of anyone who says they've got it all pinned down.
My birth family are all JW's, and I no longer want to be a part of that. So there is no way they will ever accept me now. And to be honest, the Church I am with now, are far more tolerant, and less dogmatic than the Witnesses were. They still give me concerns. Occasionally. But their actions are all done out of love for the person, not the Church, so any punishments are that much easier to bear, for knowing this.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope so. All I have is the info you've given me and we know how internet/emails/etc. can be for communicating information! I just wouldn't want to see anyone hurt.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

So I am just confused about what advice to give, the only advice I can give is leave this church if you don't agree with their interpretation and find one that is closer to your own beliefs.
This bears repeating and repeating. MeowCat what you are describing is not a normal healthy way to live. No one NO ONE should be telling you who can see, who you may not see, whether you should have cats or not.

Cutting you off from your family is the number one danger sign of a dangerous cult.

Since you still have your cats (in secret from your "church"), and you still post here, it seems to me you do not belong in that denomination. What happens when you do get "squared with Jesus", will you dump them, then?

There are plenty of other religions and sects where you can find the devotion you crave, without being bullied and controlled in such ways.

Please get out now, while you can, before it's too late for you and, most importantly too late for your cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

This bears repeating and repeating. MeowCat what you are describing is not a normal healthy way to live. No one NO ONE should be telling you who can see, who you may not see, whether you should have cats or not.

Cutting you off from your family is the number one danger sign of a dangerous cult.

Since you still have your cats (in secret from your "church"), and you still post here, it seems to me you do not belong in that denomination. What happens when you do get "squared with Jesus", will you dump them, then?

There are plenty of other religions and sects where you can find the devotion you crave, without being bullied and controlled in such ways.

Please get out now, while you can, before it's too late for you and, most importantly too late for your cats.
It's in secret from the Animal Shelter I work part time at (And took the Cats from), not my Church.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MeowCat

It's in secret from the Animal Shelter I work part time at (And took the Cats from), not my Church.
OH! I apologize for my misunderstanding!