Chicago vs. New York style pizza!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only way to eat pizza is folded in half!!

NY style!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to say...the only way a pizza should be folded in half is if it's a Calzone!

The best pizza I've probably ever had was the first time I went "home" with Earl to DeKalb, Illinois to a little joint called Pags, real close to the Northern Illinois University.
OMG I was SSSOOO good! Too bad Pags closed.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best pizza..my grams, or my homemade...somewhere between chicago and ny style - thick sicilian type crust, but not a stuffed style pizza.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I never knew there were styles. To me pizza is pizza.

But after looking at those websites Chris linked us to I like the sound of a Philadelphia Pizza.

Wow Fran that pizza looks crazy!

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually like both, it just depends on what I'm craving.

However, with my husband being from NY, he would consider it blasphemy if I voted for anything but NY style pizza!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NY pizza-a slab of cardboard with "sauce" and "cheese". GROSS!!!
The midwest is the ONLY place for pizza!!! I agree-Florida sucks for pizza!!
I have Pizza Uno pizza's in my freezer....

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New York style. To bad there is no choice for yummy pizza from that little itlian restaurant we went to while on vacation in Italy. that would win for sure!

10 10 now!!!
come on New yorkers!

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever tried Chicago style. . . . I do however love NY style.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love new york pizza, but bf likes the deep dish... Left to my own devices I like pizza the thinner the better, but we usually get a thicker crust to shut him up
Although not as thick as those pictures!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

By style, I guess it's New York -- or at least closer to NY than Chicago. But here is the best pizza I have ever had ANYWHERE...Flying Wedge

Check out "Squash La Duck" -- I'll be ordering it in a few minutes. It's a "whodathunkit", to be sure, but we learned early with this outfit that if it got to the menu, it was worth trying and probably awesome.

This one is on the flax crust, by default -- check out "flax facts" -- though they do also offer a thicker herb crust. OOOOOOOO my mouth is watering!
wow, i wish this place was here where i live - that marinated mushroom pizza looks FABULOUS!
currently, vote is tied 12-12.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like any pizza as long as the sauce, crust, ham, bacon and cheese are good, but I prefer a thick style like Chicago. I think more of a good thing is better!
I love it when the ham or back bacon is piled on with lots of...

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I guess I am having pizza for dinner tonight! I dont know of any good pizza places hre that are not just national chains.

When I was younger (now at the ripe old age of 23) I was all about crispy crunchy thin crust. Soft thin crust to me always felt like it was not fully cooked. Now that I am older I go for the really thick crust with the cheese bubbling all the way out to the very edge. Throw in some other stuff if you want, and yum. I vote chicago.

miamispartan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anybody from Chicago ever been to Chicago Pizza Factory? It's across the street from where the St Valentine's Day massacre occured, and the food is Fantastic! I love the pizza in a bowl!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it a chain in Chicago??? If its made in Chicago its gotta be good even though we have our fair share of good pizza shoppes in Wisconsin. A NE WI fav-Luigi's all the Luigi's in this part of the state are owned by relatives. They have a "football" pizza. Yes shaped like a hugh football -it will serve 8-10 people or more depending on hunger!!

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MiamiSpartan

Anybody from Chicago ever been to Chicago Pizza Factory? It's across the street from where the St Valentine's Day massacre occured, and the food is Fantastic! I love the pizza in a bowl!
I thought they closed shop. ??? (or was that Chicago Pizza Kitchen?) Whatever. There's plenty out there to pick from. And I just need to say again that Chicago Rulz.

Connie's out in the burbs is also very good. But then I'd be giving away where I'm located, so I won't mention any place by name.