Chewy now available in Canada!

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum and feel free to move it. Just wanted to let everyone know that Chewy is now available in Canada. I was just on the website and saw a new pull down tab that said USA. I clicked and lo and behold, you can now order from Chewy if you are in Canada! Welcome to Chewy, Canada.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The devil is (always) in the details............
"Chewy only ships to the Greater Toronto Area at this time"

and, that, in small print in the middle of and surrounded by 'products' !

Shipping costs within Canada are absurd, outrageous, almost obscene! Frankly, given that, I have no idea of how they could possibly manage any kind of country-wide operation similar to that in the states. It's one thing to set up in the middle of an area with ~6M population (Toronto), but, nation-wide? No way! I think they'll have a few centres like this....likely Montreal and Van next.

Food offerings are quite disappointing, supermarket or low-tier items.......one point does stand out, though: Does Chewy own the catit company?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The devil is (always) in the details............
"Chewy only ships to the Greater Toronto Area at this time"

and, that, in small print in the middle of and surrounded by 'products' !

Shipping costs within Canada are absurd, outrageous, almost obscene! Frankly, given that, I have no idea of how they could possibly manage any kind of country-wide operation similar to that in the states. It's one thing to set up in the middle of an area with ~6M population (Toronto), but, nation-wide? No way! I think they'll have a few centres like this....likely Montreal and Van next.

Food offerings are quite disappointing, supermarket or low-tier items.......one point does stand out, though: Does Chewy own the catit company?
Oh boo. I did not realize those details. Do you just buy all of your human and pet supplies locally then? I would never order anything online if I had to pay for the shipping.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, local shopper......exceptions are specialty cat 'stuff', lecithin, potassium, taurine.....

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would never order anything online if I had to pay for the shipping.
From Chewy's Canadian site; Spend over CA $35 and get 1-2 day free shipping.

That sounds like a good deal to me, and they will be expanding their service areas as time goes on.

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That catit site is owned by Hagen which mostly makes aquarium equipment, it seems they have branched out to cat and dog products too.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Im quite happy with Amazon myself plus I get free one day shipping on all orders with Prime.

Chewy is owned by petsmart and I don't shop there because... reasons...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That Prime membership cost includes a lot :)

I love Chewy. They'd been allowed to remain "intact" after the purchase, they have incredible return policies and are extremely supportive of animal shelters.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im quite happy with Amazon myself plus I get free one day shipping on all orders with Prime.

Chewy is owned by petsmart and I don't shop there because... reasons...
I'm not exactly a huge fan of them either, but with 3 cats and a dog, I try to save whenever and wherever I can (without compromising their health). If that means I have to shop multiple chain stores to get more of the items they need for less money, so be it!