Cats Meow toy

barbgee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"Cats Meow" was one of the first toys I tried with Kitty.  Her claws would get caught up in the knit binding that they sewed on around the edge of the yellow cloth, and then she dragged it and it scared her. 

I put it away for a while and brought it out recently, but now she isn't interested in it at all.  I think maybe something other than a red rubber mouse "tail" on the circling end might be more interesting for her. 

baconman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girlfriend got my cats this toy. They love it. Though only if I am watching it seems.... if I leave the room they follow, but that is a different thing entirely haha. They do enjoy it, the only thing I found was that it seems to eat batteries. I find myself changing the batteries quite often. Maybe that is just because they play with it a lot. I do enjoy when they seem to be uninterested after a couple minutes and the arm comes back around and bumps their chest, then it is back on. Kind of like "how dare you?!"

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He also used to steal the coloured elastic things that holds my ponytail up.
They were scattered all through the apartment. It's a shame about that toy. He'd spend ages with it. Even when everybody was asleep even whisky he'd be batting away at the balls
Does anybody have that cat's Kong toy that goes down when they hit it and then stands up again? I'm thinking of getting them it but not if it's a waste of money. How much does

miki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He also used to steal the coloured elastic things that holds my ponytail up.
They were scattered all through the apartment. It's a shame about that toy. He'd spend ages with it. Even when everybody was asleep even whisky he'd be batting away at the balls
Does anybody have that cat's Kong toy that goes down when they hit it and then stands up again? I'm thinking of getting them it but not if it's a waste of money. How much does
Do you mean the Cat Wobbler (the one with the catnip tail) or the Standard Kitty Kong?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Apologies for the late reply!) Miki has both the cat wobbler and the regular Kong cat toy. I have stored the Kong cat toy in the garage. She is just completely disinterested in it, but boy oh boy she does go crazy for the cat wobbler! :D  Here's a pic:

She likes it whether it's filled up with treats or not! It's a wonderful toy. ;)
Thank you. I'll get it next time I order food.
I hope they also will like it.
Something wrong with my English there!
:wavey:

demi anderson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been wanting to get this but something has been nagging me that one or all of the following will happen:
1. They just look at it :eek:neeye: just like that.
2. They play with it then walk off
3. The dog will think it's fun :anon: and then when people see my dog playing with it, I'll look like that.
4. The dog will simply stare at it
5. The fat cat will plop her keister on it and break the toy

$20 is a lot to spend on a toy that may or may not become kitty décor. My girls are pretty picky. Even from reading the replies I still feel stuck LOL

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a coin toss whenever you get a new toy for a cat... Sometimes it's a hit, and sometimes it's a fail.  I think mine would like Cat's Meow for a few minutes but then they would tear it up in less than half an hour.  My boys especially are very rough with their toys.