Cat showing no signs of going in labour

simmeg123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,I'm new here so please bare with me ;)
My little girl is called bella and is currently 66 days pregnant.
I know she could have a few days left but she is currently showing no signs at all of going into labour.
She's eating like a pig,sleeping all day (like normal) etc.
I've made 2 nesting boxes which she refuses point blank to even look at never mind go in them:/
I've been looking online a lot and have found that she "should" be nesting,going of food,constant grooming.
I'm do apologise if people think I'm being abit ott but she's my baby and really don't want anything to go wrong.
Can anyone tell me at what stage I should start to worry....day 70??
Thankyou in advance x

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, better late delivery than too early. So I do understand you are worrying, I would too. But such is this "waiting game".  I see you are sure of its day 66?  When did you began to feel the kittens?

Good luck!

Welcome to our Forums!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

simmeg123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,thankyou for your reply.
I felt the kittens move about 2 weeks ago.
Yes she is defiantly 66days as she's normally an indoor cat but managed to do a runner out the door one day while I was putting the washing out :(

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Ginny wouldn't go near her nesting box either until I noticed her in labour and put her in it. Then she lay down and gave birth. So don't worry.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  She is still totally within the range of normal. She is at 66,  and 68 is really not that unusual.    If she doesn't have them by day 70 then I would contact a vet.    

ck2d

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to point out that Siamese and Burmese cats can go longer than 70 days.  Mine had hers on day 71 - though at that point I was in a near panic and thought she'd have to be c-sectioned.  She had 6 healthy kittens, and we didn't even get a runt.  Cats are like people, the due date is an estimate, and the longer they stay pregnant, the more developed the kittens are.

simmeg123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well it's day 68 now and still no signs :(

simmeg123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Advice needed please!! Bella has currently got white discharge coming from her lady bit. It's only a little bit but was wondering if this was normal?
Thankyou x

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Simmeg123, I hope it is normal.

It isnt smelly or such? Ie not pus, just some liquid discharge?  They have much discharges these days.

Some may be blood colored too.  As long it is not living blood, and not pus, it should be OK.

Good luck!

Last edited:

simmeg123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No it's not smelly or anything and she doesn't have much of it. She has been acting really strange though today,won't leave me alone,keeps meowing,can't sit still so I'm hoping all these are good signs :)

simmeg123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Advice needed ASAP!!
Bella had her kittens on the 11th,2 girls,2 boys.
She had a very traumatic birthday where 3 of them got stuck and I had to pull them out.
For the first 2 days she did really well with them,feeding them,cleaning them etc but today she's been acting really strange.
She doesn't want to be in the box with them and when I put her back in the box she sits as far away from them as possible :/
Could she just be having an "of day" or should I be worried?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

ck2d

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are the kittens asleep? She might just want to let them rest. If all 5 are piled up together they'll be warm enough without mom right by them for a bit.