Cat shock collars???

ddeatley2321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think you need a grip, honestly. not everyone one lives in the same kind of neighborhood. I am getting ready to move and my cats go in and out where we are and I don't like that they do because of the type of neighborhood we live in. But when we move we are going to be living to close to the rd for it to be okay for my babies to be outside. I would rather them get a lil bit of shock then to be flat on the rd. it doesn't hurt them if it did then they wouldn't keep going to the point where they got shocked. Getting on the counters is the least of my worries because they don't do it! But just because you want your "house cat" to go out doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same way!!!!!
call it mean call it what you may but i would much rather have my cats safely in the house then for them to get hit!

brandy rowe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I could not imagine putting a shock collar on my baby!  I saw a show where a guy put a dog shock collar on himself and almost threw up after being shocked!

You can put up a mesh fence on top of your wall at a 45 degree angle that tilts inward.  That will prevent the cat from trying to get out because it puts her at a disposition and her instincts tell her to not chance climbing over it.  Do some research about other ways to keep your kitty from roaming - it's in their nature to explore.

See this video on the cat fence:

How to embed YouTube videos

Last edited by a moderator:

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you need a grip, honestly. not everyone one lives in the same kind of neighborhood. I am getting ready to move and my cats go in and out where we are and I don't like that they do because of the type of neighborhood we live in. But when we move we are going to be living to close to the rd for it to be okay for my babies to be outside. I would rather them get a lil bit of shock then to be flat on the rd. it doesn't hurt them if it did then they wouldn't keep going to the point where they got shocked. Getting on the counters is the least of my worries because they don't do it! But just because you want your "house cat" to go out doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same way!!!!!
call it mean call it what you may but i would much rather have my cats safely in the house then for them to get hit!
I am very confused by what you wrote. First you say you have indoor/outdoor cat who you let outside even though you don't like your neighborhood. Then you say you're going to keep your cats inside after you move because it will be too dangerous. This is where I get confused. You immediately follow that with:

I would rather them get a lil bit of shock then to be flat on the rd. it doesn't hurt them if it did then they wouldn't keep going to the point where they got shocked.
What does that mean? You just said they would be indoor-only cats, but you also mention using shock collars?

Also,
But just because you want your "house cat" to go out doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same way!!!!!
This is the part that confuses me the most. You have just spent your entire post discussing how you think shock collars are useful and you would rather have a shocked cat than a dead cat. You also say your cats are indoor/outdoor cats. Then you finish with this totally unrelated thought about keeping your cats inside vs letting them outside (a thought which you end in !!!!! and a negative emoticon, meaning you think that letting a cat outdoors is a bad thing), which goes against everything you said before that.

Last edited: