Cat Resting Head On Floor

lilaggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
So my newly adopted cat (in April), Cece, was resting her head to the side on the floor earlier. Similar to how we sleep with our head on our side. I had never seen her do that. We already have a vet appointment on Friday because she seems off. Is that cause for concern? Thank you!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Cece, was resting her head to the side on the floor earlier. Similar to how we sleep with our head on our side.
My boy sleeps on his side with his head on the floor and with his four legs stretched out at times and I think it's a very relax way of sleeping for them.

Since you've just adopted Cece in April, maybe she has put all her trust in you already and therefore sleep in this comfortable position.

Is she eating, playing and using he litter box normally? If yes, then I wouldn't worry that much.

But you said you notice she seems a little off, but in what sense? Anyway, you may check with your vet on Friday since the appointment has been made to rule out any other illness or symptoms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilaggie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the fast response! She’s maybe been eating / drinking a little less, but we’re still getting to know each other. She’s been hiding under the bed a bit more often