Cat Pregnant For The First Time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SammieAsMagPie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So what is the plan with the kittens? If you keep any boys they can get all the girls pregnant unbelievably young just FYI. Pyometra is an infected uterus which can happen when cats are left intact for years. I assume the boy you brought in to mate with was blood tested particularly for FIV/FeLV first so you can assure you didn't expose your babies to deadly diseases?

I'm gonna give away any boys
What do you mean by intact?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Intact as in not spayed or neutered. I really hope they are tested before you give them away. Why do you want to just randomly breed mix breed cats? Theres a million and one homeless cats in the world :(

SammieAsMagPie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Intact as in not spayed or neutered. I really hope they are tested before you give them away. Why do you want to just randomly breed mix breed cats? Theres a million and one homeless cats in the world :(
Ahh OK all my girls are very healthy thank goodness

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cats can have FIV/FeLv without showing any symptoms at this time. Would you like us to help you find a low cost spay/neuter clinic? Having babies is not healthy for them :(

SammieAsMagPie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your cats can have FIV/FeLv without showing any symptoms at this time. Would you like us to help you find a low cost spay/neuter clinic? Having babies is not healthy for them :(
I'm not sure what that is but I'm going to be moving soon so I'd rather wait and fix them if I need to its going to be girls only and there brother who will be fixed when he's old enough

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Obviously we are just concerned about the kitties and we are all big supporters of adopting and not breeding unnecessary cats when the world is overpopulated. That is why we are asking so many questions. Even with all females, they risk cancers and pyometra which I previously mentioned. Also that boy can be neutered as young as 8-10 weeks old as long as he is 2lbs. The second he matures which could be before 6 months even, he will not hesitate to get all those females pregnant. Just remember that. We don't want you to be back in a few weeks or months saying I have 6 pregnant cats what do I do?? :)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what that is but I'm going to be moving soon so I'd rather wait and fix them if I need to its going to be girls only and there brother who will be fixed when he's old enough
FIV is Feline AIDS and FeLV is Feline Leukemia. They could be carrying it without you even knowing. Always always test cats especially if you are intentionally breeding them but even if they are just living together. If one has FeLV they all likely have it now, if it was introduced by the male you brought in to mate it might not be too late to catch it from spreading and perhaps only the pregnant cat (and all her kittens) have it, FIV is a little less likely to transfer to all the cats in the house, it is only transmitted through mating or fighting.

SammieAsMagPie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Obviously we are just concerned about the kitties and we are all big supporters of adopting and not breeding unnecessary cats when the world is overpopulated. That is why we are asking so many questions. Even with all females, they risk cancers and pyometra which I previously mentioned. Also that boy can be neutered as young as 8-10 weeks old as long as he is 2lbs. The second he matures which could be before 6 months even, he will not hesitate to get all those females pregnant. Just remember that. We don't want you to be back in a few weeks or months saying I have 6 pregnant cats what do I do?? :)

I understand I'm just wanting to know what's going on with my girl that's all
I've been told by a billion and one why are you breeding bla bla I get it but I have my own personal reasons thanks for your concern though :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like your cat is not quite ready to give birth, though it should be soon. Whatever material came out sounds harmless for now.

Keep us posted! :)

SammieAsMagPie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like your cat is not quite ready to give birth, though it should be soon. Whatever material came out sounds harmless for now.

Keep us posted! :)

Yea soon though
I hope so cuz it was weird but she is acting normal and fine so nature will take its course and take care of her

I definitely will!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you rehome all of the kittens?

If you don't mind sharing, what are your reasons for breeding?