Cat person?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like me, Rob grew up with dogs, and like me, he was educated by Shasta. Now he is, if possible, even more of a cat person than I. By that, I mean that, while I would like to have a dog again someday, and he won't oppose me on it, he'd never do it on his own -- but like me, he doesn't ever want to be without cat(s) -- preferably more than one -- in his life. Yeah, I'd say he's a cat person.

leosmum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
isn't it funny how us cat people aren't really keen on having dogs.. I dislike dogs.. I mean, they can be cute and fun to play with but.. give me cats any day. : )

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sweetie is a life long cat person. He is suspicious of people that do not like cats, and doesn't allow anyone in the house that the cats don't like. He is the kind of guy that will run to the ER vet in the middle of the night with a kitten with a swollen paw, then sit up with it when it cried after having a shot. When Leo had to be put down, it was like he lost his best friend. That was his baby, and he has not really bonded with any of the others in the same way.
Fred adopted me and I fell in love. My parents always hated cats, so I was never even around them until I got Fred. My sister always swore she was allergic, so I could not have a cat, now she has 2, and has lived with up to 7 in her house. She just didn't want me to have one.

d'elle and beau

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
[ He finds cats less trouble than dogs, but more expensive by the pound. .[/quote]

So true!!! Per pound, Beau is the most expensive thing I have ever had in my life! And he is more than worth every penny of it. Worth his weight in platinum is an accurate statement, on all levels.

What these little furry creatures give back to us is so amazing that it takes my breath away when I really stop to think of it.

d'elle and beau

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LeosMum

isn't it funny how us cat people aren't really keen on having dogs.. I dislike dogs.. I mean, they can be cute and fun to play with but.. give me cats any day. : )
Actually I disagree with you.......about cat people not being keen on having dogs in their lives.........I have been a cat person all of my life, very strongly so. I mean ALL of my life, since I was an infant, I have adored cats. I love all cats, regardless of variations. I cannot really say that I love ALL dogs, However, I also love dogs, and dogs are an absolutely Huge part of my life. I would not even want to consider living without both a cat and a dog. I would have several of each if I could! ( but as a single person I think I only can devote the right amount of time to one of each, especially as my dog is a Border Collie) They take such different places in my life that I feel they cannot be compared at all with one another, for myself. I cannot imagine my life without both. My cat sleeps in the bed with me and is my true soul mate; my most precious furry angel, and my comfort in all things. My dog is my buddy, my ever-companion, the one who is ready to go have fun with me any time and any place; my hiking and camping and travelling companion. Both of them are the greatest spiritual teachers that I could have in life. I would do anything for either of them, and consider myself to be just as strongly a "dog person" and a "cat person". I just feel so lucky and so blessed to have both in my life.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he hadn't had a cat before he met me I think but being around my bridge baby Butch won him over, and he is now as big a cat lover as I am, and isn't ashamed to say so either. :-)

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bf really likes cats too and all animals. I don't think he's quite as "obsessed" as I am over Sash, he does love Sash though and Sash adores him.

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm single at the moment, but I wouldn't even consider dating someone who didn't at the very least like cats (and animals in general) - actually, I recently didn't date a guy who was interested and who I'd have otherwise been interested in because he was allergic to cats. My babies are very important to me, so it's a deal-breaker for me.

mskymi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My hubby tells people he tollerats our babies but I know for a fact he loves them as hes the first one out the door if one decides to sneak out .......
He also is the first one up in the morning and the first thing he does is feed the cats before he has his first cup of coffee....

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmmmm Five cats three people and I had to put my foot down or we'd be up to our ears in cats. So we have 5 cats, two Alaskan Malamutes, 1 bird [ used to be two but one died of cancer
]

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes... my honey has 2 cats at home Kiki and her mother Sara.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend of 11 months, has 3 dogs, 1 goat and a selection of birds - no cats because his brother is allergic but everytime he comes over to my house he just falls in love again with my kitties. Before he had met them he was accused of calling them ugly, but couldn't get enough of them once he met them. He is definitly more a dog person, but we can change that, right?!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I just started dating him but mine is a push over for my cats, especially Samwise because he's such a people cat. First thing when he walks in the door he calls out to Samwise then gives him scritches and then busts out the lazer pointer which he calls the red bug. Samwise loves him. Gandalf on the other hand is a chicken around new people and has just begun sniffing around him although this weekend Gandalf allowed a little petting. Just makes my heart melt when guys are so sweet to my cats.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband Shy has always loved cats. When we first met, I was a bartender and he was a Budweiser Sales Rep and the bar I worked at was one of his accounts. He came in to eat lunch and he sat at the bar and told me stories about his kitty "Madamime". He told me all about her and how heartbroken he was when she died. He told me all of this BEFORE he knew how much I loved cats. I only had Sandy when we started dating and she didn't like him much at first. Now, she loves her dad and we've grown our family to 4!!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, cats, Jason was the one that originally insisted we get a cat..
Which was fine by me because I'd been begging my mum for one for a couple years!!!

Asctually he's been away for a week (and a half almost now, due to the snowstorm in NY-he's been stuck) and I dare say he's missing the cats as much as he misses me.

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

The picture speaks for itself... Malakai is Papi's little boy... Adrian loves him... He actually made a point to tell me to give Kai a hug and a kiss for him the other day
... I wish I had pictures of A and my 'mom's' cat, Lion.. That's Adrian's boyfriend... When I was living in NJ with my best friend's parents, Adrian paid more attention to Lion than he did to me and when we go out there to visit he says he'd blow off all his plans to go out there and visit Lion... What a dork! LoL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Malakai711

The picture speaks for itself... Malakai is Papi's little boy... Adrian loves him... He actually made a point to tell me to give Kai a hug and a kiss for him the other day
... I wish I had pictures of A and my 'mom's' cat, Lion.. That's Adrian's boyfriend... When I was living in NJ with my best friend's parents, Adrian paid more attention to Lion than he did to me and when we go out there to visit he says he'd blow off all his plans to go out there and visit Lion... What a dork! LoL
Awwwwwww...