Cat peeing everywhere

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed with Crazy4Strays. I do have a question, Nevermind, I re-glanced, I saw it where you said she was fixed. Do you have the paper work of it and also does Shelley ever seem to go into heat like an un-spayed female? Its rare but I've known cats that were spayed but the surgeon left a little bit in there just enough to set off heat cycles and territorial behaviour but not enough to actually warrant a litter.

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Could you find a friend who lives out on a farm far from a busy road who needs a barn cat to control their mouse population?

We live out in a heavily rural area on a lot of acreage that is fairly far from traffic and our neighbor had an outdoor cat for a good 8 years or so, so in some areas, being an outdoor cat is far less risky than others, especially if the cat has a shelter of some sort to go to after dark.

I recognize that it's better to keep cats indoors, but I'm sure that a cat would prefer to roam on a farm far away from the busy road with a safe place to sleep every night rather than be euthanized or eaten by a coyote.

I've actually toyed around with the idea of adopting a feral colony to live in our barn and help with the mouse problems on our acreage. 
That would be a good thing to do, keeping a colony, they do keep down mice and rats.