Cat in labor - please help!

Kyb20

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need help/advice! So I found a stray pregnant cat. She’s in labor and gave birth to the first kitten at 7:50am, it’s now 9:40am. the kitten was born backwards and was unfortunately stillborn and wasn’t able to be revived. I know she has more kittens in there because I can feel them but it’s taking a long time for them to be born, is that normal? She’s not pushing. How long should I wait before getting to concerned? Also, so I be worried about the possibility of more breech babies? She had such a hard time getting the first one out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kyb20

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She just came out her nest and got a drink and peed in the litter box. I know I can for sure feel more at least 1-2 more in there. Is it possible for her to take a break?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:clap:Sorry no one responded before this, but glad to hear the second baby has arrived and things look good!! I recently was involved with a pregnant cat in which her final baby was born 24 hours after the first two (sadly, one of them was stillborn)!!

Don't hesitate to come back with any questions or concerns you have - and, by all means, when you get a chance share some pics of mama and babies!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She perhaps even herself delayed the next delivery, as she was tired after the first, a difficult one...

Anyway, if momma isnt in active long fruitless labor, but calm without visible troubles, its usually OK with pauses in between. Hours sometimes even days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kyb20

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: she had 5 kittens total. 2 were still born but here are the 3 that are alive and well ☺ they are all doing good so far and are nursing as they should!

Also, thank you guys for your help. I wasn’t trying to freak out but I didn’t know if it was normal or not for breaks in between deliveries but I kinda figured momma was tired after the tough delivery of the first baby.
F6C5B0B5-261B-4F87-8923-8A9C25B739E9.jpeg