Cat has sores/keeps picking scabs

Elizabethrx12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm a first time poster and a first time cat owner, and recently I found some spots on my cat that look pretty nasty. There are three of them, two on the back of her neck and one in the front. They are sort of crusty and she has picked the scabs off of one. Never seen anything like them, cant find a picture that matches online. This is a picture of one of them, Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: It's hard for me to tell from the pic but it looks like it could be infected. I would definitely recommend contacting your vet and perhaps forwarding the pic(s) to them. In the meantime, this TCS Article may have some helpful information for you:
Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles
Best of luck, please keep us posted on your kitty's progress. :alright:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks infected to me, as well. Has your cat been treated for fleas? My girl has a horrible flea allergy, and will scratch herself bloody like that if she gets even one or two bites. Regardless, she really should see a vet. He can deflea her if necessary, and can give her a cortison shot that will stop the itching and allow her to heal, or antibiotics if there is infection.

And yes, DO let us know how your baby girl is doing!