cat delivered 2 kittens so far but not sure if there is more

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's the icon that has a mountain and a sun in it to upload pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea that button is missing for some reason. Also the button on the top left with the 3 lines doesn't work anymore for me either. Not real sure why but all I have is the trash can icon on the bottom left where you type and then on the right is a preview and a reply button and that's it. That's a bummer too because I was hoping to post a picture of there eyes

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you tried closing your browser and logging in again?

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, you can't tell too baby much in.the picture but I just wasn't sure if a little watery eyes was normal since its been less than a week since they have opened there eyes.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can gently wipe the eyes with a warm, damp cloth. If you start to see green or yellow gunk you may need eye ointment such as terramycin.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
What a precious fuzzy baby!  They are precious.  Momma cat is just absolutely gorgeous.  I would have kept them both too!  How fun your house will be!

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all very much. She is the most amazing cat we have ever had, our other 2 are pretty good cats but for being a feral cat less than 6 months ago to what she is now is pretty great. She's a sweetheart. She cleans and cuddles with the dog every single day. They are like best friends. She tries to get close to the other cats but they don't want nothing to do with it lol. She wants to go outside from time to time but that will never happen again. She's an indoor cat now and will have to just get over it. Her markings I've not seen any cat like that before and I think she's the by product of an orange cat and a black.and grey cat that lives around the apt complex. She is 11 months old and I'm guessing that's why she warmed up so fast.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey I'm sorry for all the questions but I have another. So both onyx and ginger have been gaining from 20 to at one point 30 grams a day everyday from the 20th of March til 2 days ago then when I weighed onyx he had only gained 5 grams and ginger gained 14 and yesterday he gained 6 grams and she gained 9. Is it normal for them to start gaining a little less the older they get? They turned 3 weeks yesterday. The only difference in the last few days is I ran out of the mother baby cat wet food that I feed her once a day and also the dry Rachel Ray food we feed all the cats so for 2 days she ate the Purina cat chow naturals which is only a back up as it's not a premium food. Could that have something to.do with it? She's back on both now. Again I'm sorry for all the questions you all have just been a very very good help thru this as I haven't ever dealt with this before. Again thank you to all who answer.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's normal for the kittens to fluctuate in their gains. A plateau is nothing to be concerned about. They will get another spurt soon!

The quality of mom's milk is proportional to what she eats. A day or two off her regular diet should not make too big of a difference.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone I was just wondering how I go about making the food for them to transition to. I have the pet ag kmr powder, and got them the little cans of wet food royal canin it's like the next step up from the mother baby cat that I have been feeding mom. Do I just mix up that kmr as directed then add that and water to the wet food? Also I don't have any kitten dry food at the moment but can.get some tomorrow. I didn't know they had to have dry this soon.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, just add a little prepared KMR to the canned food (no water needed) to make a slurry - like oatmeal consistency.

Tomorrow is fine on the dry kitten chow. They'll eat that better moistened with KMR too.

Let us know how it goes!

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you very much, I'm.assuming they probably won't be able to eat a lot in one setting but on.the dry food we only feed our other cats Rachel Ray dry food since it has no by product in it and we don't feed any of our animals that stuff that's why I was a little hesitant to.feed the wet momma baby cat stuff from royal canin because it has by product in it. So do you think if I can get the Rachel Ray kitten food and moisten that it should be ok or do they need the stuff in that royal canin?

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Hey, can a kitten get some sleep around here!
Lol that's my favorite picture of onyx that's back when all they did was sleep and be quiet haha. Now not even close. Having to baby proof everything now. Momma is in heat and making the most God awful sounds all hours of the night kinda like a meow, growl, something else lol. I just look at her and say "too bad get over it" can't.wait in a few more weeks she's getting spayed and hopefully that will shut her up.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So if I understood your posts correctly, you are keeping momma & her babies? What gender are the kittens? Is the orange a male?