Cat blinded by Baytril

Status
Not open for further replies.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So we'll be heading back to the vet in the AM. She is rapidly going downhill. Cannot tolerate feeding. Unless they have a magic ace up their sleeve I don't know what can really be done at this point. I'm still hoping but letting my husband who is home tonight have a few hours with her. He's been working most days.
Sending you prayers, 

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So we'll be heading back to the vet in the AM. She is rapidly going downhill. Cannot tolerate feeding. Unless they have a magic ace up their sleeve I don't know what can really be done at this point. I'm still hoping but letting my husband who is home tonight have a few hours with her. He's been working most days.
I am so sad for all of you and wishing the best and hoping for that magic bullet. You are such great pet parents and kitten is so lucky to have you especially now at this very difficult time. You're in my thoughts and I am asking the universe for good news.

Stephen

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking good thoughts for you and Kitten. Ask the vet their thoughts on Cerenia though, it is amazing how much it can help. It allowed me to syringe feed Lucky. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sad for all of you and wishing the best and hoping for that magic bullet. You are such great pet parents and kitten is so lucky to have you especially now at this very difficult time. You're in my thoughts and I am asking the universe for good news.

Stephen
At 11:30 AM and after a lot of testing we made the decision to let her go. There were no outs or magic bullets.. Just the choice to end it before the chaos in her body destroyed what was left of what made her Kitten. She was in our arms and purring softly when she left. The details don't matter other than they were significant and without hope.

To the staff at the VCA we can't be more grateful for the last week where everyone bent over backwards rooting for her. I have page after page of deferred charges including most of this mornings treatments including the euthanasia. We are heartbroken but at peace with our decision.

We still intend to pursue the matter with the vet that left her mostly blind the last few months of her life. In some ways that insult to her body is harder to bear than holding her as we felt her slip away.

Please no Rainbow Bridge.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: I am so, so sorry to read of this. Nothing anyone can say will make it easier.

:heart3: [emoji]128062[/emoji] Rest in peace Kitten, you gorgeous girl [emoji]128062[/emoji] :heart3:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry.  You certainly went above and beyond in doing everything you could.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

My husband held her during and then handed her to me. This picture was a blessing . You cannot see how yellow she was. He carried her in as tiny less than week old baby and she never went out of our house. So he held her while she left us.  She was purring softly the whole time.  Wish her wings. She always wanted them. Until last week one of her favorite games was to roll in a pile of plastic grocery bags until she had a handle around her neck and then take of running. It was deliberate and she would wear the bag for hours if I was in the house to supervise. She left our home full of GOOD memories.

This is part of the contract we agree to with forever pets. Between bouts of sobbing by both of us the one thing we have are no regrets. She was loved her whole life. Beginning to end.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry @Kittens Mom  You did everything you could for her, she was a very lucky girl to have the two people who loved her the most there to help her pass.

I'll lock this thread now out of respect for your girl.

When you feel ready you might like to start a thread in her memory in the Crossing The Bridge forum.

http://www.thecatsite.com/f/19/crossing-the-bridge

Rest In Peace Kitten.

Status
Not open for further replies.