Cat bleeding after getting neutered??

Mai Mansour

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey I have a question so my cat just got neutered today and I tried to put his cone on his neck but he tried to kick it off is that dangerous for him after Surgery can he try to kick the cone off of him??? Please let me know

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey I have a question so my cat just got neutered today and I tried to put his cone on his neck but he tried to kick it off is that dangerous for him after Surgery can he try to kick the cone off of him??? Please let me know
Should be ok with the cone off. Just as long as you keep an eye on him to make sure he don't lick too much on the surgery site and make sure the surgery site is clean and dry and free from dirt and litter dust. Dab gently with a warm damp towel if it's dirty or dusty.

Also make sure that there's no bleeding or pus or foul smell. If there is, bring your boy back to the vet ASAP.

Some cats don't mind the cone and some do mind. My boy was off the cone after his neutering. He refuses to wear it :lol:

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I doubt they release the feral males with an e-collar on after they get neutered :)
So I think most cats do well without one.

How's your kitty doing today?