Cat bathing

savvythecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our girls STINK. Really bad! We have them a just water bath and that got rid of a lot of dirt (spent an hour or so cuddling them and toweling them in front of the heater) and hopefully that takes the smell away.
Actual cat soap seems super expensive, I was wondering if I just gave them a bath in water with a couple drops of tea tree would that be ok for them? I use tea tree, eucalyptus and lavender oils and vinegar for most of my household cleaning as we are trying to avoid unnecessary chemical use.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would advise against any essential oils for use on cats. Most are toxic (but according to my mentor tea tree oil is really bad). You can use plain human baby shampoo if you don't want to invest in cat shampoos. Just cut it with water - half shampoo, half water so it will rinse out easily. Or you can do the same with the original Dawn dish detergent, which will also help with fleas if the cat has them. Obviously a cat shampoo would be better though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savvythecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Might just invest in the cat shampoo then; though most seem to have tea tree in them?