cars

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, what kind of cars does everyone drive? Up until about a month and a half ago, we had a 1999 Chevy S-10 Extreme, but we got rid of it and traded it in. We got a 2001 Lexus IS 300. Awesome car!! Goes fast, too. We only have one car, which makes it difficult when one of us gets stuck at home!!
We've been looking at the Toyota Celica, which is really nice. But, we have to check to see if we can afford another car payment.

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and her husband have a Toyota Celica, and they love it! I have to say, I love it too, so smooth and speedy!! (not that I even drive!) Let us know what you decide on!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just bought a 2 door GMC Jimmy. it's black. It's the first SUV that I've ever owned. I really enjoy driving it. I feel so bad ass!!!

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I drive a green Mitsubishi Eclipse Convertible. I love it in the summer time! My husband has a bright yellow Dodge Ram Truck. He looks like a school bus

Michele

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive a Ford Escape. It's Ford's newest SUV. I love it! It's my 3rd SUV. I've been driving them for 14 years. I can't even drive a car anymore. Feels like I'm going down the road on a sled. I'd really love to have a big Excursion, or something like that, but you'll have to check out the thread on being rich to see why I'm in the lower priced model. Hell, this is the first vehicle I've ever owned with power windows!

robin alves

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I drive a 2000 Chevy Z28 Camaro, six speed. It is not the best thing to have a 6 speed in a area with traffic, so I am ready to give it up. I liked my chevy Blazer and I think I will get another one.

Robin

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 1994 Toyota Camry. I love my car, even though it's old. You wouldn't guess by looking at it though because I keep it looking nice. It's a wonderful family car and has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. It's also paid for, so I guess I'll be driving it forever!

My husband has a Volkswagon Jetta, the sporty edition (can't remember what it's called). He really likes it and it sure goes fast. Probably why he gets speeding tickets and I don't!

I'd love to have a minivan though. I'd only ask for one if we have a third child.

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a 2001 Toyota Prius. It is an electric/gas hybrid. It is a super-low-emission car...so it hardly pollutes the air. Also, I get 50 miles to the gallon....which is nice since I commute 25 miles to and from work each day. It self-generates electricity, so it never needs to be plugged in (when you step on the brakes or decelerate it generates electricity which is then stored in the battery). Its a great car...I highly recommend it!

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive a purple 2001 Kia Sephia 5 speed. I love it. I had a 1993 Chevy Corsica but it had over 110,000 miles on it and everything was going on it. I was spending over $200 a month on repairs so I figured after 9 years, it was time.

Hey Lotsocats, I was talking to the Auto columnist at our paper about the Toyota. Every months he test drives a new car for a couple of weeks. He had nothing but good things to say about it and the great mileage it gets. He also highly recommended it. I thinks that's cool. I hope you enjoy it.

frannie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I drive a 2001 Hundai Santa Fe and love it. I need an SUV to haul the greyhounds to meet and greets. It's great on gas and has a 100,000 mile warranty. It drives like a car but I like the fact that I sit up high. BTW, the critters love it also.

Frannie

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a 98 Saturn and plan to buy another one once this one is payed for. I have had a Honda and a Chevy but I think I have found the car for me.

nitecrwlr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Tigger
So, what kind of cars does everyone drive? Up until about a month and a half ago, we had a 1999 Chevy S-10 Extreme, but we got rid of it and traded it in. We got a 2001 Lexus IS 300. Awesome car!! Goes fast, too. We only have one car, which makes it difficult when one of us gets stuck at home!!
We've been looking at the Toyota Celica, which is really nice. But, we have to check to see if we can afford another car payment.
Check this out before you buy the Celica. ohhh baby!

http://www.honda2001.com/models/s200...ml?honda=intro

or maybe the Impreza WRX?

Both have 200+ horsepower. 0-60 < 5 seconds fast enough?

nitecrwlr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's easier to show you.

Kawasaki Ninja 600R

Eagle Talon

...a better look from a few different angles.

Sorry for taking up all the bandwith in this thread.

nc

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nc:

The shadow of the bike was interesting. Yours?

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nitecrwlr....you've definitely caught my eye with your car and bike...I
love anything fast, fast, fast!!!
I now, have a Suzuki GSXR 1100 1999. I love it and I fly on my baby! I have to get a pic up here. I also have a 1995 (may sound old, but it's far from it) Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo...it was the only turbo they made and it rocks! The sound system's incredible and I couldn't be happier at this point. However, I guess I will have to splurge soon enough on another car. It's almost time, but hey, I'm okay with what I have!

Love & Peace,

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat:

I used to have an old (82) Yamaha Maxim 650. She wasn't a speed demon, but it's all about the ride. Kris has a Suzuki GSX1100G. Now that baby has some real get up and go, even with both of us on her. It's his pride and joy.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Deb, awesome!!!! As you know my house has been under refurbishing forever! Damn near built it over again! :laughing: So, as soon as I get my albums out, I'll post one or two up! Gorgeous, I love them! Are you going to get a new one? That'd be so cool! I knew you were a nut like me! hahaha!

Love ya,

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Junior (that's the Yamaha) had to go because I couldn't afford to keep it up at the time.

Let's also say I'm not the best rider in the world. I laid the bike down at Safety Training.

Right now, a major purchase like that just isn't in the old budget. I am more worried about getting a few needed repairs done on the old homestead.

For now, I'll just be a back-end rider and think about buying a new helmet. I've been looking at a 3/4. The full-face is starting to get on my nerves, mostly because I can't find a good pair of sunglasses that fit.

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never been much of a driver; having always lived in major cities with excellent mass transit systems. . . . . . The only 2 vehicles I ever owned were a 1966 Chevy Corvair (not Corvet, Catarina and ntcrwlr. . . but a Corvair (the one Ralph Nader called "Unsafe at any speed!") Well, I managed to put over 200,000 miles on her back when I was in college and only had one minor accident.

After that I "Traded Up" to a 1971 Chevy Impala 2 door. The "Brown Bomber" we called her. . . .You could get P Oed at almost anything on the highway back then; ram 'em and still "High Tail It" out of Dodge before they knew what hit 'em!!!

These days most of my traveling is done in vehicles that cost about $175,000 each. . . .Yes, city busses, thank you very much, thank you very much; I'm here all week. . . . .