Car Reccomendations?

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really like my little Honda Civic! I spend a lot of time on the road with work, and it's been very dependable. Of all the cars I've had, I do believe it is my favorite.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I agree with Nikki about the Hyundai's..they are Korean...and do not have a good reputation.
I would have to disagree on Hyundai's. They are made in Korea and have come a long way then a few years ago. My first car was a USED 1997 Hyundai Elantra. I had it for 8 years with 115,000 miles before I started to have some problems with it. It was better than the New Corolla I traded it in for.
I traded it in for a Toyota Corolla. I read all the reviews, etc. Suppose to be a great car. Biggest mistake of my life!! I had problems ranging from road noise, rattles, engine NEVER started correctly from the beginning, paint fading on molding to my sound system being damaged in a repair job.
I am so glad I got rid of that car! I will never buy another Toyota again.

My point being is that it depends on the car you get. Just because it is a particular brand doesn't make them all good or all bad. All have lemons. Even the best brands.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oh I know..lol..they last longer than 5 years..but my old Honda lasted 20...which is 9 more than 11
Mine would have but I got the icky mentality of why pay double to quadrouple to fix than current value

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

My point being is that it depends on the car you get. Just because it is a particular brand doesn't make them all good or all bad. All have lemons. Even the best brands.
Oh I agree, I just posted that same comment in my previous post

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Mine would have but I got the icky mentality of why pay double to quadrouple to fix than current value
Yeah, thats why I finally gave up on the old boy...he was definitely breaking..and was worth about $100
I said goodbye finally as ANY repair would have costed over the value

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I didn't get that far down!
I have a Mazda3 now and I love it! It is one of the few Mazda's made in Japan.
those are cute little cars

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just take care of your car and for the most part it should be fine, but not always. My nissan is kind of stupid... like the transmission is fine, but the spring that tells it that the brake is down and the button to change gears is down randomly pops out of place so I have to use a screwdriver to stab it. And then if I stab it wrong it wont tell my ignition that the car is in park so I cant get my key out without reaching like under the gear shift and pressing this little lever. Its odd.... Oh and my visor broke, so I'll be driving and all the sudden it will fall in my lap and scare the bejesus out of me.... we tried to go to the junk yard to get the piece to fix it but the 4 sentras there had the piece gone already... oh and the stock hubcaps will not stay on!
It has only left me stranded once and it was because of the starter.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also if you're buying a used car, try sites like carfax.com. They're set up so if you can get the VIN # of the vehicle you can type it in and get a report on the history of the vehicle. This includes everything from the frequency of oil changes to full overhaul repairs. You just pay a small $29.99 fee for everything, including safety and reliabilty ratings.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Next question, how big are the foreign cars typically?

This is gonna be a "family" car....so tall me & tall dad have to fit into it. The Grand Am was too small for dad....
My DH is well over 6ft and he drives a toyota camry. He has no problems getting into or driving my accord. Before this he had a nissan maxima that finally died after +250K miles