Canned beverage

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Scotland it's a tinnie.... or a cannie. Most words end in that stupid ie sound. mannie(man), wifie(woman), quinie(girl), or the ever popular loonie(boy).

In Denmark, it's pretty much whatever English word comes first. With my other half and his family it's soda.

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i was born and raised in pa until i moved when i was 15 to ohio. i was always made fun of when i said soda to anyone. but then again i get made fun of by a lot of people by how i talk. ive gotten used to it.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

It's Pop not Soda... One of the most heard arguement at WVU, thatis trumped only by who sucks the most, Marshall, Pitt, or Virginia Tech.
And the obvious answer is: Marshall!!!! (used to be our division 1-AA rivals for the National Championship until they upgraded
)

And it's POP!!!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coke!

I always laugh when the girl next to me at work calls it "pop" ...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually ask what kind of "DRINK" someone wants. Since I'm not a big fan of pop/soda/coke/whatever, I usually prefer chocolate milk or iced tea.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sofiecusion said:
I am originally from a small town about 80 miles north of Green Bay, all though I have lived in various parts of the entire state. I never heard any Wisconsin native refer to it as soda pop.

Hey I'm not that far away. What town??
I agree most people either call it soda or pop. Coke is a brand name.
You southerner are weird. What up with sweet tea anyway.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Ohio we say pop but I recently started calling it soda because Trav is from PA and they call it soda. I guess it varies.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Julya

Noooooooooo, Coke is losing now. We need more Tennesseeans to vote.

I may not be from Tennessee, but I say Coke as well!
I'm from Georgia, the HOME of Coca Cola (Atlanta).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol this is great...you guys crack me up! Its crazy how one item can be called so many different things....kinda like --- hotdog or weenie.
( i call it both lol) Just like i do with coke and soda....

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a constant source of debate at our house. My hubby, a Chicago native, vehemently insists it's "pop". I was raised in downstate Illinois, and call it "soda". He's forever correcting me.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, it was do you want a coke when I was with my Dad's family and do you want a sodie when I was with my Mom's family. With my friends family it was do you want a pop. So just just call it them soda (or sodie) pops.

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The people from around this area: Central Florida-Tampa say soda unless they're transplants then they say whatever they were raised as. My parents from Washington State said Pop, so I call it Pop.