Candles/cats.......

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duke Singes off his wiskers as a kitten so he avoids candles
Sibohan was sniffing a candle when I first got her and ended up with no eyebrows on her right side for a few months till they grew in again.

Both of them avoide candles now

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't burned a candle since Cleo burned off all her 'eyebrow' whiskers when she was a kitten. I did get one of those electric warmers for Christmas, but I haven't tried it yet. Maggie's such a klutz that she'd probably dump over the liquid wax.

Pookie & the girls

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
My father has this thing about candles and incense. He knows i have a huge collection but i'm only allowed to use an electric oil burner. All my stuff sits unused and smells so good *pouts* he thinks im going to burn the house down. I'm 23 ffs and i've never set anything alight in any of the houses!

So kitties are safe anyway. But they still try to get to my windowsill via the desk and knock things over anyway

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I only have them lit when I'm in the room. If I have company over the cats are almost never around. Regardless, I have covered candle holders for tea lights.
Fred used to singe his whiskers when he was a kitten, so I'm always careful.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine don't go anywhere near candles, but I rarely burn them anymore because I'm afraid they'll aggravate Harvey's asthma.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Fred ran across my coffee table and lit his tail on fire once. Fortunately it only burned hair, but it scared him silly. I never burn candles that are not deep in a jar, and I never leave the room with one burning. I never expected Fred tro jump on m,y table like that, goes to show you never can tell what can happen in an instant.