Can you touch the tummy?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i voted for every choice!
Pixel LOVES tummy rubs [as did her littermate,
Mouse]; Java will occasionally let me kiss her tummy; Cable will begrudgingly let me stroke her a few times; Chip - depends on his mood; Firefox - NEVER!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep...Kizmet loves his tummy rubbed.

My
Gysmo, however, did not... after he was neutered, you'd lose fingers trying to play with his belly.

wonder if Kizzy will get like that after he's neutered.
Hope not...I love his belly.

catslave101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
SP. (Snow Princess) loves her belly rubs. She is very demanding of them actually. She will flip over on the stairs when she knows I'm going down. One of us ends up falling down the stairs though.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nora loves having her belly rubbed, especially when we get home from being gone for a while. She will throw herself down onto our kitchen floor and arch her back real far and ask for belly rubs and you can get the whole from back legs to chin rubs then and she just loves it. When she was little (she doesn't so much anymore) she liked to be held like a baby on her back, and she would fall asleep if you rubbed her belly.

Gus would bite your hand off if you even THOUGHT of getting near his belly. His was so soft and pink also. lol If he was dead asleep and laying on his back you could sneak a rub in, but normally you couldn't.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had Jack since he was 10 weeks old--he's bitten ever since if we touched it.

Harley doesn't lay on his back often but if he's on his side you can rub his belly, he doesn't bite, but he doesn't really seem to long for it either.

Leslie

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes Harley's tolerant of me rubbing her belly, and other times, she wants nothing to do with it and takes a swipe (or a nip) at me. It depends on her mood.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my 3 current kitties - it depends on the cat in question.

Kuce (our 15 yr old) loves tummy rubs. A day doesn't go by she doesn't ask for one.

Lil' Jag (our youngest) likes tummy rubs but on her terms.

Luvbug (our middle cat) - despite loving attention - will NOT let one touch his tummy (unless you want to lose a hand).

jackbombay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Twitch has a big "udder/spay sway" & she always gets pissy when you rub her tummy.
Our female cat Leenya has the same thing, its actually two flaps of skin at the front edge so when she is standing there is actually a hidden pocket. She doesn't like her belly rubbed as much as Jack, Jack will sleep on his back in between us, he's totally trusting, the vet always comments on how easy he is to "work on".

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tailer doesn't ever like his belly touched. He'll put up with it briefly if he MUST.

Forest is a complicated situation, though. You see, after years of study we've figured out that he's actually three entities in one...Forest, Belly, and Tail. Sometimes Belly DEMANDS a rub, then you must stop everything and obey the command of Belly. Other times, though, Forest wants a rub, but Belly doesn't, so when you go in for it Belly runs away. Sometimes both Forest and Belly want rubs, but Tail doesn't and will hit you while you're trying to rub Belly. It's a very complex situation.

Even though Forest LOVES to have his picture taken, Belly is very camera-shy, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get a shot for this month's contest.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Xander will let you pet his when he's in the mood. I can always tell because he will lay down and do his "lil fat roly poly" thing

Riley will make you bleed if you touch his. Its so fluffy though I can't resist it
He is such a big tease too. He is always laying on his back all stretched out, just daring you to pet him

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't vote, b/c there wasn't an option that applies to my circumstances...

Maverick, Winchester, & Ricochet all love having their bellies rubbed.
Geronimo, Spencer, Gabriel, Jinxy, Cassidy, Salem, & Chiquita don't.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mulder loves tummy rubs. Begs for them.

Its a nightly ritual - I get in the bed and call the kitties to bed. After bedtime treats, Mulder curls up night to me and rolls over for his bedtime tummy rub until he passes out!

I can touch Spooky's tummy but only me, nobody else. Sometimes if he's being cuddly or sleepy he will let me rub it gently for awhile. Usually though thats a cue to start wrestling and playtime follows.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sparky rolls over and asks for a tummy rub then does a "mean cat" routine
Of course part of that is daddy's fault, he plays the "mean cat" game with her
Lani absolutely LOVES tummy rubs, if you can catch her
She loves to have the tummy combed even more

knottygirlz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Squirt loves them and asks for them several times a day with his sexy, throaty meow.
Shadow I think has a ticklish tummy and when she exposes her belly to accept a rub, if I rub too lightly I get bunny kicked. so I rub pretty hard and she rewards me with cooing purdles.

Lori, Rick, Shadow & Squirt

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wickett loves tummy rubs! For such a long time our morning routine included post shower tummy rubs for him. I'd step out of the shower (already dry) and he'd do his "flop and roll" when he just flops over and rolls onto his back for belly rubs. I have a video that I've never managed to upload of it... one of these days Paula, I'll get it up and you can live vicariousely!

Frankie doesn't like to be pet in general unless it's DH or myself. For us, she tolerates a lot, including tummy rubs, but seldom enjoys them.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Wickett loves tummy rubs! For such a long time our morning routine included post shower tummy rubs for him. I'd step out of the shower (already dry) and he'd do his "flop and roll" when he just flops over and rolls onto his back for belly rubs. I have a video that I've never managed to upload of it... one of these days Paula, I'll get it up and you can live vicariousely!

Frankie doesn't like to be pet in general unless it's DH or myself. For us, she tolerates a lot, including tummy rubs, but seldom enjoys them.
You should definitely do that!

maybe I'll get a vid of what happens when you try to pet Riley's tummy sometime (I'll make Doug do it
)

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my cats it totally depends on the cat & their mood. Levi, thinks I'm playing unless I'm scratching his chest (he loves that). Jordan likes it sometimes, but not all the time, Isaac, the tummy is preety much off limits, Maggie likes it sometimes, but mostly just puts up with it.

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Joey loves to show his tummy but I think he's ticklish
Oliver's the same way. Rocky will let me rub his tummy if he's in the mood, but no one else is allowed.