Can you dance?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So fess up can you dance?

I'm a really shy person and i only dance infront of Teufel and Kaylee but i saw this new dancing school near my house am thinking about starting a course there.
I'm really interested in dancing the Merengue, salsa and tango but i dont have anyone to take with me

so can you dance?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha you should come with me!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

So fess up can you dance?

I'm a really shy person and i only dance infront of Teufel and Kaylee

so can you dance?
Me too! I can only dance alone, or in front of my cats at least.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dance everywhere, don't care who is watching. When I go out with the girls on our monthly excursion, in the grocery store if a good song is playing (it *does* happen), here at work.

Dance like no one's watching!!!

I don't really have rythem and I'm not graceful, but I really don't care. I'm having fun when I dance.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would LOVE to be able to do structured (ballroom, etc., dances), but for the most part I do not know any of them, though I'd like to take classes some day. However, though I do not otherwise have a musical bone in my body (cannot sing or play any instruments), I have oodles of rhythm and love to "freestyle" dance. Anytime, anyplace, just watch long enough, and you will see me shake my groove thang.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually used to do modern dance, and one of my teachers in high shcool had us also learn the basics of the different social dances... salsa, waltz... it's been years, and I've stopped doing modern dance (man, do i regret that... as I'm now 40 pounds overweight... ick), but I still dance in my apartment, making the cats nuts. They're not used to it.

Have fun! The schools will pair you off with other students in the class... don't worry about taking someone with you.

Amanda

bmmac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took Tap and Jazz lessons for five years. Even though we were adults we were still in the Recital with all the kiddies. Very funny! But we had so much fun. This Saturday my sister and I are going to a new dance place to learn country-line dancing. Can't wait.

Beth
(Tia's Mom)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not versed in any formal dancing methods however that being said I was a Disco Queen during the late 70's!!!!! Scary when I think about it now.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I dance in front of my little brother and sister who are 3 and 5 and they nearly wet themselves laughing at me.
When I go out I love dancing, also as mentioned before in the supermarket or anywhere theres a good song I'll have a little 'wiggle'.
Mark is a great dancer him and his friends all break dance and it's AWESOME to watch.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tango and salsa are fun Fwan!!! If you call the instructor they might know someone that could come and partner you. (That's how my instructor does it. She invites her male friends based on the makeup of the class.)

Here's a site for people who are interested in learning about the different kinds of ballroom dances. If you click on "Learning" a page will come up with the different dances and then a bit further into it they'll show diagrams and videos of the steps.

http://www.ballroomdancers.com/

I like American style cause 1) it's easier to understand and 2) the lady gets to do more stuff... but what style is danced depends on where you are.

It also has a looking for partners page... so if you're in the right area that might help!

I'm taking salsa, swing, tango, cha cha and helping with the beginning ballroom class right now. Sometimes its hard to keep them all straight!!

I'd suggest ballroom for anyone though. It's so much fun!

amandaofcols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I looove dancing, though I'm not sure I'm very good at it!

I've always wanted to learn the line dances and two-step and other stuff like that! I'd also love to learn some of the choreographed(sp) pop dances for when I'm at a club or whatever, but they don't have anything like that around here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have a look next time i go

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Mark is a great dancer him and his friends all break dance and it's AWESOME to watch.
Break dancing is so much fun to watch - your right! How awesome that he can do that! FUN!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I dance? Yes. Can I dance well? No. Should I dance in public? No.

I would like to take dance lessons too.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is one area I take pride in. I've danced since I was 3 and am very good at ballet, lyrical, jazz, hip-hop, and hick kick. I know a bit of swing dancing as well. My team when I was in high school actually won 4 state championships and won the national championship when I was a senior. I continued to dance at a studio here for a couple of years but can't really afford it now that I'm in grad school. I've got a ballet bar in my apartment though and try to practice on that when I can. I also love to just have fun dancing out places or in the comfort of my living room. In fact my roomie and I have a tradition of trying to outdo each other with the WORST dance moves we can think of. It's a blast. Dancing is absolutely my most favorite thing to do.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Can I dance? Yes. Can I dance well? No. Should I dance in public? No.
Same here!
I wish I could dance! I'd love to take lessons, that would be so great!