Can I Leave A Stray Home Alone At Night?

alvaro0114

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone
I happen to have two strays male and female for a long time since november i should say. I feed them and have a big yard with another house in construction with a roof and eveeything so in case of rain they stay safe. They enjoy themselves here never leave. They are very social they want me to pet them carry them and want to be in the house in which they are allowed to only with my ptrsence.
I dont sleep here i stay with my grandmother although i come everyday.
I wonder if i could leave the window a bit open so they can come in.
Thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alvaro0114

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont know if they are trained. I have lots of sand outside they do their needs on it

alvaro0114

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok thank you. For now they stay outside. They have a cardboard box in which i dont see them using it. Im a little worried because it gets cold at night they seem to be around fine but dont know at night though.
I send a picture of where i put the box with water and food.

alvaro0114

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Inside two bedrooms etc they can use it all.

alvaro0114

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I cant get them to use the shelter though. They eat in it i put the food inside but then they decide to go out.

alvaro0114

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I never had cats ok i know its
not the best thing in the world but well. I force her in but she just walks out.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t force her anywhere.

What is the property where they live? Is it a home you own? Will you ever be living with them full time?

I wonder if you might want to find a rescue that could help them find a place in a home.

They do need some medical attention.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Why can't you have them inside when you're not there? My cats mostly use the litter box in the morning. Can you sleep there one night and put a litter box inside? The adult stray I took care of would dig a hole in the dirt like it's a litter box. So I would be surprised if they don't already know how

alvaro0114

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I own it yes. I could try keeping them inside i just dont know if they will make a mess. They do the same outside as you say tehy dig a hole too.

alvaro0114

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are very playful. They seem to spend the night elsewhere in the neighbors.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they need some additional care. Please bring them inside, and please get them to a vet for spaying/neutering, vaccines, deworming, and flea treatment. All essential for responsible cat ownership.

Where are you located?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I own it yes. I could try keeping them inside i just dont know if they will make a mess. They do the same outside as you say tehy dig a hole too.
Never know until you try! Maggie was out side for 3 months, Coco 2 yrs. They both immediately used the litter box

Last edited:

Teri122

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your initial question was can you leave a window open for them to go inside to be warm at nite. I say give it a try. Are you sure there aren't more around that might also come in? But it would be nice for them to have a safe, warm place at nite . You could put food and water inside and they would find it.

alvaro0114

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thats what i wanted to do. Thats the reason why i ask i need advice on how cats act at night etc. I will try and see, they do come in the house when im in it. Sometimes tehy jump on the table and kitchen but thats about it .

alvaro0114

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im in argentina there are cats and dogs all over but the house is not in the city is more like villages big yards etc. The neighbors have a big garage i think thats where they stay at night. When i arrived today they came from there. They stay with me all day. I just dont know what they do at night.