Can anyone tell me how far along she is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We actually have a harness for her, but I didn't want to use it on her because I didn't know if it would effect her nursing. I did not know she could get pregnant so soon! Oh my. Well I guess she wont be going outside unless I can babysit her. Thanks for the information 

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I post pictures do any of you think you can help me figure out the gender?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
You can try but it can be pretty difficult with little kittens and there are many examples on site of kittens even 7, 8 weeks or older being adopted and needing a name change a few weeks later when people find a mistake has been made on this count.  

kittytech27

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To give you a better idea on kitten sexing-look at their backsides and see how far apart the 2 holes are. If they are pretty close together it's a girl, if they are kinda far apart it's a boy. Good luck with your kittens and please get them spayed neutered! 

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am getting them fixed as soon as I can. Same with the Morticia. But my vet said that they wont spay her until the kittens are weaned so she has another six weeks at least. I know no one can tell me for sure what gender they are. My mom is convinced that we have a girl, but I think we have all boys.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Two of the three started to open their eyes yesterday afternoon. The ones eyes are still firmly shut. They will be two weeks on the 20th, it's not bad if he doesn't open his eyes then is it? 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Two of the three started to open their eyes yesterday afternoon. The ones eyes are still firmly shut. They will be two weeks on the 20th, it's not bad if he doesn't open his eyes then is it? 
no, it may vary.  Some may open eyes quite earlier, some open a little later.   The only too look up with is if he happens to have some infection and the eyelids are closed by pus.  If the lids are bulging for example - it may be pus inside - its not always the pus is coming out.  In such a case you must to vet immediately for antibiotica treatment.

Good luck!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I second what StefanZ says here, but add you must never try to open a kitten's eyes if they are shut - just look at them in the closed position.  If you think they look like StefanZ describes, swollen or crusty then take to the vet.  Opening eyes can seriously damage them.

Kittens often do things in their own time, some early, some late.  Trick is to look for other signs of health issues like swelling, crusting, funny smells, or moving differently such as weak limbs or shaking.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay. The one whose eyes are still closed still has his umbilical cord, but the others have lost theirs. I assume this is normal too? Its is almost off. In fact it almost looks like it is connected to his fur ( though I know its not). Thanks for the advice! 

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update: Astrid has finally lost her umbilical cord (as of four days ago). Both her and Mouse have opened their eyes, and The doctor has just started to open his. They are growing soooo Much! I am still so excited to have them. I am also very happy that we are keeping them all. All of them are getting fixed ASAP. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aaw cute, another Mouse kitty. 

Wow, getting to keep them all, what a special bond you will have with them.  It is lovely to hear how they are doing, and to know they will have a good home.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I answered this question on the other thread you posted. I hope you find my response informative. 

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Aaw cute, another Mouse kitty. 

Wow, getting to keep them all, what a special bond you will have with them.  It is lovely to hear how they are doing, and to know they will have a good home.
Yes he was named mouse because he was so small he really did look like a mouse! :D I know that I am so lucky to be able to keep them all. It is better this way because I know they will always be loved and I know they will never end up in a shelter. I will post pictures when it lets me. Last time I tried to upload some it wouldn't let me. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I have made a new thread for bella1242 using the other post and replies so hopefully you will receive all the information and support you need there @bella1242  .

@Ryan GlennHee hee, my Mouse was never that small even when he was born but he did look like a mouse - and still does sometimes LoL.   I hope your little Mouse grows to be as big and healthy as my boy. 

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

@Ryan GlennHee hee, my Mouse was never that small even when he was born but he did look like a mouse - and still does sometimes LoL.   I hope your little Mouse grows to be as big and healthy as my boy. 

Thank you! He is growing so much! I think my queens litter was early as they were all very small. But now they are all very big! They eat so much and they are moving around like crazy! Another two weeks and we wont be able to contain them lol. Thank you all for the support and advice you guys gave me! 

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do the kittens have to be completely weaned before Morticia can be spayed? I am hoping to get her spayed on the 16th. They will be like three days from 7 weeks. Can she be spayed then or do I have to wait? 

Last edited:

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also At what age should they start to be weaned? Astrid has started sniffing Morticias food. Should I wait another week or can we start making some mush when we see her sniffing the kibble?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
At 7 weeks, if they are showing some interest in solid food I think offering them little tastes of wet food would be a good thing to do.  Small amounts of pate wet food is probably easiest to manage.  You might see mum  start to show them the food too, and encourage them to gradually ween off her.  Let them continue to feed from her as long as she is tolerating it though, they will ween naturally once alternative food is on offer.  Mouse's mum was amazing, she put up with his taking little sips from her milk bar till he left home at 15 weeks LoL.  He's such a confident critter and I'm sure that's one of the reasons why.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay thanks! I didn't know if we should deter them from trying to eat because they are only three weeks old. What about spaying momma kitty? Can she be spayed in three weeks? Or do I have to wait until they no longer use her as their only food source?

Status
Not open for further replies.