TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I'll be 17 weeks along tomorrow
Due date is May 24, 2010
We find out the sex on January 5th
We have an idea of names, but wait until we know the sex
I've just started gaining weight in the last few days, so now I'm only 6lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight

I'm high risk due to my open heart surgery and because of our previous stillbirth (we assume it was a cord accident, but they can't be sure so are taking all precautions).

I'm just starting to feel little occasional movements, which I love
Sarah, congrats! I will keep you in my prayers!

I am not pregnant but cannot wait until that day comes! We are waiting at least another 3 years.

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats everyone! Wow. I didn't realize how many preggos there were in the forum!

I'm not pregnant, but DH and I are planning maybe for the next year or two.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone thought about how your going to do baby/kitty introductions? I'm a little nervouse since Gizzy was given up because he "paid too much attention to the baby"and becaus Tonks has a tendancy to accidentily claw ur leg when she jumps up......

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just wanted to say a big congrats to everyone! Sounds like we are going to be getting to see lots of baby pictures this upcoming year!

I cant wait to have kids! But I know it wont be for a few more years! I already have names picked out! LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I'll be 17 weeks along tomorrow
Due date is May 24, 2010
We find out the sex on January 5th
We have an idea of names, but wait until we know the sex
I've just started gaining weight in the last few days, so now I'm only 6lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight

I'm high risk due to my open heart surgery and because of our previous stillbirth (we assume it was a cord accident, but they can't be sure so are taking all precautions).

I'm just starting to feel little occasional movements, which I love
Aww! I've been able to feel my little guy moving since I was about 10 weeks

Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Has anyone thought about how your going to do baby/kitty introductions? I'm a little nervouse since Gizzy was given up because he "paid too much attention to the baby"and becaus Tonks has a tendancy to accidentily claw ur leg when she jumps up......
I don't think I'm going to have any problems out of mine. I am going to send home a baby blanket for them to get the babies scent before we bring him home. That way it won't be so unfamiliar with him.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Aww! I've been able to feel my little guy moving since I was about 10 weeks

I don't think I'm going to have any problems out of mine. I am going to send home a baby blanket for them to get the babies scent before we bring him home. That way it won't be so unfamiliar with him.
Great idea! I work at a dog kennel and when we have owners go into labor we will get the husband dropping by to drop off a hat or blanket or something to put in the crate with the dog. Its adorable and makes a lot of sense!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Great idea! I work at a dog kennel and when we have owners go into labor we will get the husband dropping by to drop off a hat or blanket or something to put in the crate with the dog. Its adorable and makes a lot of sense!
Especially with dogs.
I don't think I'm going to have any real issues out of Jake. The biggest problem with him is his jumping.
He's 4 years old and still thinks he's a puppy. Plus, he can't control his licker

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

I think I'll have the opposite problem! Evie hates "new" things, especially tiny new things... Whew, she had issues with the foster kittens! Not that she'd try to hurt anyone, she just hides for ages... My brave little girl.

So we intend to do the scent thing, too. And introducing her to new born baby cries already- yay you tube.

Especially with dogs.
I don't think I'm going to have any real issues out of Jake. The biggest problem with him is his jumping.
He's 4 years old and still thinks he's a puppy. Plus, he can't control his licker
Hmm... Are you talking about my puppy??

Oh, and since you're talking about movement, this may creep people out, but oh well! I love to share, this is the most exciting thing in my life right now!

My little dancing baby!!
Please mute your computer! Or ignore my family teasing my dogs. No, no one was ACTUALLY being mean, just playing.

I have the caribeener and the quarters on my tummy so you can see the movement better. You can tell she is already like her Momma, since she prefers the beener over the money.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! Mine does the same thing. Kicks the remote off all the time

Well, an update. I went to the Dr this morning and I'm already in labor!
I'm 1 1/2+ cm dialated and 10% effaced

They put me on Procardia to stop the contractions. If they don't stop within the next 24 hours then they will put me in the hospital. From there, one of a few things may happen.

If the ultrasound shows he's not developed enough then they'll keep me in the hospital until he's born.
If he is developed then they'll induce me and watch to see if my contractions are strong enough to deliver him. If they're not, they will do a C-Section.

I'm so nervous about the whole thing!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the medication stops them
I will have to keep taking it until he's born but at least everything will be ok.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If this helps Dixie a friend of mine was is "labor" for 6-7 weeks... she was 3 cm and 20 % for 6 weeks
... that was oh my I am old 13 yrs ago

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

If this helps Dixie a friend of mine was is "labor" for 6-7 weeks... she was 3 cm and 20 % for 6 weeks
... that was oh my I am old 13 yrs ago
That is a little reassurance but I'm still scared that the meds won't stop the contractions

It's already making me drowsy and weak feeling and I've only taken one dose

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They put me on Procardia to stop the contractions. If they don't stop within the next 24 hours then they will put me in the hospital. From there, one of a few things may happen.

If the ultrasound shows he's not developed enough then they'll keep me in the hospital until he's born.
If he is developed then they'll induce me and watch to see if my contractions are strong enough to deliver him. If they're not, they will do a C-Section.

I will have to keep taking it until he's born but at least everything will be ok.
settle down little guy Mom's not ready yet

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

settle down little guy Mom's not ready yet
No, I'm not
I still have soooooo much to do and now I can't even do it

I'm on strict bedrest. Good thing my Xmas shopping is already done!

I just get this "useless" feeling now. I try to be independent and do everything myself without asking for help but now I don't have a choice.

My mom has the kids for the next couple of days to make it a little more stress free for me but I miss them so much!
Reality is starting to set in more and more now. I may have 2 other children but the anxiety of another one is a little overwhelming especially when I'm not prepared for the little guy yet

My mind is racing!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RELAX... Remember He will mainly need you
... other stuff is not essential

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

RELAX... Remember He will mainly need you
... other stuff is not essential
I know. It just worries me that he will be okay. He's literally a miracle baby and I know God gave him to me for a reason and that everything happens for a reason too.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know. It just worries me that he will be okay. He's literally a miracle baby and I know God gave him to me for a reason and that everything happens for a reason too.
Relaxing is the best thing for you right now! Take it easy and let the meds work.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

I think I'll have the opposite problem! Evie hates "new" things, especially tiny new things... Whew, she had issues with the foster kittens! Not that she'd try to hurt anyone, she just hides for ages... My brave little girl.

So we intend to do the scent thing, too. And introducing her to new born baby cries already- yay you tube.

Hmm... Are you talking about my puppy??

Oh, and since you're talking about movement, this may creep people out, but oh well! I love to share, this is the most exciting thing in my life right now!

My little dancing baby!!
Please mute your computer! Or ignore my family teasing my dogs. No, no one was ACTUALLY being mean, just playing.

I have the caribeener and the quarters on my tummy so you can see the movement better. You can tell she is already like her Momma, since she prefers the beener over the money.
Not creepy at all! I can't wait to see that happen to me!

I hope all goes well for you! Let those meds work, relax and surf the net. We're all here if you need to talk or vent!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm 34 weeks and however many days my siggy says!

It's a girl.
Her name is 99% official though we mostly are still calling her "baby girl."
The due date is January 21.
I lost a bunch of weight in the beginning. I think at my last appt I was about 5 or 6 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.

Oh and my step-sister felt the baby move once and screamed and ran away.
It is really weird to see a whole belly move like that but soooo neat too!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I'm 34 weeks and however many days my siggy says!

It's a girl.
Her name is 99% official though we mostly are still calling her "baby girl."
The due date is January 21.
I lost a bunch of weight in the beginning. I think at my last appt I was about 5 or 6 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.

Oh and my step-sister felt the baby move once and screamed and ran away.
It is really weird to see a whole belly move like that but soooo neat too!
Jake had his head on my stomach one day and Gage kicked really hard. He turned around really fast and looked at me like "Why did you just do that to me?"
Poor dog didn't know what to think!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Jake had his head on my stomach one day and Gage kicked really hard. He turned around really fast and looked at me like "Why did you just do that to me?"
Poor dog didn't know what to think!
Poor Jake! I hope things settle down for you.

I cut back my work hours to part time last week. My intention has been to start my maternity leave on the 23rd. But since last Wednesday I'm having trouble with fluid in my feet and ankles so my doc's office bumped up my next appt a couple days. I've been told he will probably start my maternity leave early so I can stay off my feet. I work in a medical office so I'm up and down all the time; plus just sitting upright gives me flintstone feet.